Passport Information not being saved.

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of MSN Messenger and started
experiencing some ill effects from the upgrade. My user account on my
computer will no longer store my passport information (for me or any other
account on my machine). I have checked all of the settings in MSNM to make
sure that nothing is set there, and there isn't. I have also gone through
the wizard to setup the accounts for a .net pasport, and still doesn't seem
to be working.

Anyone have a fix for this??

Regards,
Shane

Remove the Cookies associated with your Passport account,
which would be coded msn & passport. Look in your user
profile under the Cookies sub-folder.
C:\Documents and Settings\'YourLoginName'\Cookies

Also check the Privacy (TAB) of IE's Options and make sure
those cookies are set to Allowed (Always).

"Shane Curveon" <sfcuervo@telus.net> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded to the latest version of MSN Messenger and started
> experiencing some ill effects from the upgrade. My user account on my
> computer will no longer store my passport information (for me or any other
> account on my machine). I have checked all of the settings in MSNM to
> make
> sure that nothing is set there, and there isn't. I have also gone through
> the wizard to setup the accounts for a .net pasport, and still doesn't
> seem
> to be working.
>
> Anyone have a fix for this??
>
> Regards,
> Shane

I will have a look at this and see if it fixes the problem. Will repost if
it doens't resolve the issue

Many thanks
"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Remove the Cookies associated with your Passport account,
> which would be coded msn & passport. Look in your user
> profile under the Cookies sub-folder.
> C:\Documents and Settings\'YourLoginName'\Cookies
>
> Also check the Privacy (TAB) of IE's Options and make sure
> those cookies are set to Allowed (Always).
>
> "Shane Curveon" <sfcuervo@telus.net> wrote in message
>>I have recently upgraded to the latest version of MSN Messenger and
>>started
>> experiencing some ill effects from the upgrade. My user account on my
>> computer will no longer store my passport information (for me or any
>> other
>> account on my machine). I have checked all of the settings in MSNM to
>> make
>> sure that nothing is set there, and there isn't. I have also gone
>> through
>> the wizard to setup the accounts for a .net pasport, and still doesn't
>> seem
>> to be working.
>>
>> Anyone have a fix for this??
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shane

Actually didn't fix the issue at all. NO change.

"R. McCarty" <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Remove the Cookies associated with your Passport account,
> which would be coded msn & passport. Look in your user
> profile under the Cookies sub-folder.
> C:\Documents and Settings\'YourLoginName'\Cookies
>
> Also check the Privacy (TAB) of IE's Options and make sure
> those cookies are set to Allowed (Always).
>
> "Shane Curveon" <sfcuervo@telus.net> wrote in message
>>I have recently upgraded to the latest version of MSN Messenger and
>>started
>> experiencing some ill effects from the upgrade. My user account on my
>> computer will no longer store my passport information (for me or any
>> other
>> account on my machine). I have checked all of the settings in MSNM to
>> make
>> sure that nothing is set there, and there isn't. I have also gone
>> through
>> the wizard to setup the accounts for a .net pasport, and still doesn't
>> seem
>> to be working.
>>
>> Anyone have a fix for this??
>>
>> Regards,