Task Scheduler Logoff and Username

julian

I am setting up a task to force a logoff for my child's userid at a specified
time. I am using the shutdown -F -L commnad. My question is which
username/password do I need to put in the Scheduled Task - mine (the
administrator), or the userid that I wish to be logged off?

My concern is that if I need to use her id, then she could disable the
forced logoff simply by changing her password - correct?

"Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am setting up a task to force a logoff for my child's userid at a
specified
> time. I am using the shutdown -F -L commnad. My question is which
> username/password do I need to put in the Scheduled Task - mine (the
> administrator), or the userid that I wish to be logged off?
>
> My concern is that if I need to use her id, then she could disable the
> forced logoff simply by changing her password - correct?

I would try this:
- Schedule the task to run under her name.
- Place the shutdown command inside a batch file.
- Run psloggedon.exe (www.sysinternals.com) as a
first command, to ascertain that your child is logged on
rather than you.
- Change the NTFS permissions of the job file in c:\Windows\Tasks
and the batch file so that she can read them but not modify or
delete them.

julian

That would not solve the problem of if she changes her password and the
password in the Task doesn't match.

I have decided to run the Task as my ID and use psshutdown - o instead.
This seems to work.