I was going to eat cube steak tonight

But I can't seem to find it. I had one last week. Surely I did not
cook the whole package and eat it? I assume I froze half, but all the
red lumps look the same in my freezer. I may have tossed it out with
my old ice cream last week. Or maybe I ate it yesterday? But that
had the teture of ground beef.

I'm conused. Maybe I'll just ead 4 corn dogs to get the same calorie
content.

-Zac

> I'm conused. Maybe I'll just ead 4 corn dogs to get the same calorie
> content.

That's a lot of corn. Don't eat so many vegetables in one go - you need
to get some more meat in you.

--
/\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
(/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 17:31:45 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zacwbond@vt.edu> wrote:

>But I can't seem to find it. I had one last week. Surely I did not
>cook the whole package and eat it? I assume I froze half, but all the
>red lumps look the same in my freezer. I may have tossed it out with
>my old ice cream last week. Or maybe I ate it yesterday? But that
>had the teture of ground beef.
>
>I'm conused. Maybe I'll just ead 4 corn dogs to get the same calorie
>content.
>
>-Zac

I don't put meat in the freezer usually. That whole freeze/thaw cycle
makes it nasty. Since I go to the store a few times anyhow, I just get
what I need as I need it. Of course, if you live out in the country or
someplace where going to the store often is difficult, then you'd need to
freeze stuff.

Gelatinous cube steak - yummy!
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:07:50 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 17:31:45 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zacwbond@vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> But I can't seem to find it. I had one last week. Surely I did not
>> cook the whole package and eat it? I assume I froze half, but all the
>> red lumps look the same in my freezer. I may have tossed it out with
>> my old ice cream last week. Or maybe I ate it yesterday? But that
>> had the teture of ground beef.

Corn dogs?

>> I'm conused.

You ar pibbur's frien.

>> Maybe I'll just ead 4 corn dogs to get the same calorie
>> content.
>>
>> -Zac
>
> I don't put meat in the freezer usually. That whole freeze/thaw cycle
> makes it nasty. Since I go to the store a few times anyhow, I just get
> what I need as I need it. Of course, if you live out in the country or
> someplace where going to the store often is difficult, then you'd need to
> freeze stuff.

Meat should be devoured while still fresh (preferrably while still
running). That's the dragon way.

> Gelatinous cube steak - yummy!

Entrails, blood, whatever...

--
pibbur dragon, from his igloo

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:15:16 GMT, pibbur
<oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>Corn dogs?

Processed meat cylinders aka hot dogs aka franks aka links, on a sharp
stick, dipped and coated with cornbread batter. They usually are
precooked and all you have to do is heat them in the oven.

>Meat should be devoured while still fresh (preferrably while still
>running). That's the dragon way.

Yay! Squirming food!
--

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:46:24 +0200, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:15:16 GMT, pibbur
> <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>> Corn dogs?
>
> Processed meat cylinders aka hot dogs aka franks aka links, on a sharp
> stick, dipped and coated with cornbread batter. They usually are
> precooked and all you have to do is heat them in the oven.
>
>> Meat should be devoured while still fresh (preferrably while still
>> running). That's the dragon way.
>
> Yay! Squirming food!

Stamp! Stamp! Stamp! and Stamp! And lunch!!!

Sometimes I wish I had more than 4 legs.

--
pibbur

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
> I don't put meat in the freezer usually. That whole freeze/thaw cycle
> makes it nasty. Since I go to the store a few times anyhow, I just get
> what I need as I need it. Of course, if you live out in the country or
> someplace where going to the store often is difficult, then you'd need to
> freeze stuff.

You know..., you are really lucky to have so much time on your hand to able
to go to supermarket so often. Of course that's the most healthy way to
eat. Many nutrition value is just lost during the deep freezing process.
When we were back in Taiwan, my mom would able to buy freshly butchered
meat everyday. We can no longer afford such luxury here.

--
Ashikaga a27

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:34:06 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
><snip>
>> I don't put meat in the freezer usually. That whole freeze/thaw cycle
>> makes it nasty. Since I go to the store a few times anyhow, I just get
>> what I need as I need it. Of course, if you live out in the country or
>> someplace where going to the store often is difficult, then you'd need to
>> freeze stuff.
>
>You know..., you are really lucky to have so much time on your hand to able
>to go to supermarket so often. Of course that's the most healthy way to
>eat. Many nutrition value is just lost during the deep freezing process.
>When we were back in Taiwan, my mom would able to buy freshly butchered
>meat everyday. We can no longer afford such luxury here.

Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8 minutes
defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know why you
think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get the
same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is empty
and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly any
time at all.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
<snip>
> Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8 minutes
> defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know why you
> think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get the
> same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is empty
> and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly any
> time at all.

Because I don't go to supermarket very often, so usually a trip usually
have to cover one week's ration, and it takes time to shop (and I am very
anal about what I buy). Besides, my working schedule is very erratic, so
it's not very convenient to go shopping whenever I want... Not to mention
I have to save some gasoline too, so a shopping trip usually have to cover
several stores in nearby locales.... Some stuff, like steaks, I have to
buy in Costco instead of the regular supermarket, and stuff like fruits and
veggies I have to buy in a Chinese supermarket.... It's complicated.

We thaw meat naturally, btw. We usually put them out of the frige and
while it's thawing, we do other stuff. I will use microwave defrost only
if it's an emergency. Meat just doesn't taste good when it's
microwaved....

And how big is your house??? I thought it takes a long time to drive out
of your driveway. :p

--
Ashikaga a27

Polychromic Dragon the Unparalleled Pugnacious Pusher of Virtue wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:34:06 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> ><snip>
> >> I don't put meat in the freezer usually. That whole freeze/thaw cycle
> >> makes it nasty. Since I go to the store a few times anyhow, I just get

I can honestly say that I can not tell the difference between frozen
and unfrozen meat once I have cooked it. I tend to by lots of chicken
and freeze most of it for later use (good deals).

> >> what I need as I need it. Of course, if you live out in the country or
> >> someplace where going to the store often is difficult, then you'd need to
> >> freeze stuff.
> >
> >You know..., you are really lucky to have so much time on your hand to able
> >to go to supermarket so often. Of course that's the most healthy way to
> >eat. Many nutrition value is just lost during the deep freezing process.

I have to question this idea. It may be true but I can not figure out
how. Freezing should prevent chemical breakdown of nutrients not
encourage any. Cooking does actually break down some of the nutrients
and I would bet more than freezing does.

> >When we were back in Taiwan, my mom would able to buy freshly butchered
> >meat everyday. We can no longer afford such luxury here.

It is hard to say but around where I live most supermarkets sell
unforzen (but refrigerated) meat, I assume they did not freeze it and
then defrost it at the supermarket.

> Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8 minutes
> defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know why you
> think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get the
> same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is empty
> and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly any
> time at all.

Wow, self-help registers how do those work?

Personally, it takes me about about 20 minutes even under ideal
conditions, because I have to get my bike out, ride over, lock my bike
etc. (around 10 minutes both ways all told), find the stuff and deal
with check out (at least 5 minutes under ideal contions).

In practice it takes far longer because I have to procrastinate about
doing it, figure out what I am out of, figure out what I want to buy,
and get my backpack ready. Then when I am there I have to buy stuff I
forgot to put on my list, pick up something on my list I forgot and
then wait in long lines (I suspect the only time my local market is
quite is about 3 am). Of course I have to shop at least twice a week to
get all the food I need because of the limits of my comfortable
carrying capacity. I could shop more but it is not worth the effort for
me.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a26, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

Ophidian Dragon the Steely Loud Hat Pin of Excellence wrote:
> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> But you assume I defrost my meat :-D It might improve the flavor some
> amount, but usually I'm in a rush to get food, either because I have
> to be somewhere shortly after I eat, or because I am extremely hungry.
> So far my experience has been that meat tastes good or bad depending
> on how more effectively I cook it and less on whether it is fresh or
> frozen.

Like Ophidian I tend to be in a rush when I eat. Usually it is because
I am hungry or need to go to bed soon, after procrasitinating about
cooking. Since I do not have a microwave. Defrosting for is a process
that takes hours (I usually try to marinate it at the same time as best
I can), I occassionally have trouble thinking that far ahead.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a26, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow
[B><B], Website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/fofound
-----------
Yours Truly Saint George's Dragon
Allan Olley -==UDIC==-
-----------
"Einstein, stop telling God what to do." Neils Bohr.

"Ashikaga" <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You know..., you are really lucky to have so much time on your hand
> to able
> to go to supermarket so often. Of course that's the most healthy
> way to
> eat. Many nutrition value is just lost during the deep freezing
> process.
> When we were back in Taiwan, my mom would able to buy freshly
> butchered
> meat everyday. We can no longer afford such luxury here.

"Fresh" food usually travels some distance to get to your supermarket;
during that time it loses nutritional content. Freezing substantially
retards the process, and the frozen food you eat (when it's flash
frozen directly from being harvested) is more nutritious that the
"fresh" stuff that's spent a bunch of time in transit and sitting on
display.

-Ophidian

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8
> minutes
> defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know
> why you
> think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get
> the
> same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is
> empty
> and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly
> any
> time at all.

Five minutes? You must live next door to the store! The trip there
is 8 minutes or so for me; checking out even at the self-help spot
takes at least 3 minutes. So there's nearly 20 right there.

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:39:23 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>And how big is your house??? I thought it takes a long time to drive out
>of your driveway. :p

Oh, well you know that my property includes some other buildings, shopping
centers, a mall, etc.
--

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 15:10:16 -0400, "Zac Bond" <zacwbond@vt.edu> wrote:

>"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8
>> minutes
>> defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know
>> why you
>> think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get
>> the
>> same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is
>> empty
>> and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly
>> any
>> time at all.
>
>Five minutes? You must live next door to the store! The trip there
>is 8 minutes or so for me; checking out even at the self-help spot
>takes at least 3 minutes. So there's nearly 20 right there.

There is an Albertson's about 30 seconds from my house but I drive down
the street to the next intersection to the Walmart grocery since it's open
24 hours/day and has 30% lower prices. I quit going to Albertson's when
they changed from having low prices all the time to wanting every customer
to register and present a card to get low prices. Later they quit being
open 25 hours a day. I hear they are virtually bankrupt now and in fact
the company may be sold this week.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On 4 Sep 2005 12:30:02 -0700, "Saint George's Dragon"
<allan_olley@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Ophidian Dragon the Steely Loud Hat Pin of Excellence wrote:
>> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> But you assume I defrost my meat :-D It might improve the flavor some
>> amount, but usually I'm in a rush to get food, either because I have
>> to be somewhere shortly after I eat, or because I am extremely hungry.
>> So far my experience has been that meat tastes good or bad depending
>> on how more effectively I cook it and less on whether it is fresh or
>> frozen.
>
>Like Ophidian I tend to be in a rush when I eat. Usually it is because
>I am hungry or need to go to bed soon, after procrasitinating about
>cooking. Since I do not have a microwave. Defrosting for is a process
>that takes hours (I usually try to marinate it at the same time as best
>I can), I occassionally have trouble thinking that far ahead.

See! You just buy your meat and fresh, not-nastily-"flash"-frozen,
veggies on your way home from work/school/etc. When you get home you
apply the marinade/seasoning to the meat and keep it in the fridge until
the next day when you cook and eat it. That's more or less what I do.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

On 4 Sep 2005 12:23:36 -0700, "Saint George's Dragon"
<allan_olley@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>It is hard to say but around where I live most supermarkets sell
>unforzen (but refrigerated) meat, I assume they did not freeze it and
>then defrost it at the supermarket.

When you see them unload unfrozen half beeves and fresh veggies boxes from
the delivery trucks directly to the butcher and the veggie manager, that
means they weren't frozen. Sometimes shopping in the middle of the night
has benefits other than the lack of other customers getting in your way.
Of course, it makes "shopping" for women at the grocery more difficult.

>Wow, self-help registers how do those work?

Barcode scanner and scale. You scan your items (weighing the ones that
are done that way) and slide them on some rollers through the degausser
widget. Then press total and pay how you'd like. Then bag your stuff at
the other end. It's a lot easier to do several small trips as you need
items than to get a couple of cartloads like my sister does since the
bagging area isn't that huge and it takes several bagging passes to
complete otherwise.

>Personally, it takes me about about 20 minutes even under ideal
>conditions, because I have to get my bike out, ride over, lock my bike
>etc. (around 10 minutes both ways all told), find the stuff and deal
>with check out (at least 5 minutes under ideal contions).
>
>In practice it takes far longer because I have to procrastinate about
>doing it, figure out what I am out of, figure out what I want to buy,
>and get my backpack ready. Then when I am there I have to buy stuff I
>forgot to put on my list, pick up something on my list I forgot and
>then wait in long lines (I suspect the only time my local market is
>quite is about 3 am). Of course I have to shop at least twice a week to
>get all the food I need because of the limits of my comfortable
>carrying capacity. I could shop more but it is not worth the effort for
>me.

Well, unless I'm bored and just want to browse the aisles I usually only
get 6-10 things per trip and know exactly what I'm getting when I arrive
at the store.
--

Eek! Saint George's Dragon wrote:
> Polychromic Dragon the Unparalleled Pugnacious Pusher of Virtue wrote:
>> Ashikaga wrote:
>>>Eek! Polychromic wrote:
>>><snip>
>
> I can honestly say that I can not tell the difference between frozen
> and unfrozen meat once I have cooked it. I tend to by lots of chicken
> and freeze most of it for later use (good deals).

I don't know whether it's the difference between the meat from two
countries, but Taiwanese chicken have more flavor and firmer. I think it
has something to do with how we inject hormones into our chicken and then
kill the chickens when they are still immature. But the point is, they
just don't taste the same!

My family also buy Costco chicken, which is a great deal when you buy in
bulks. I just don't like them as much as fresh ones from regular
supermarket.

>>>You know..., you are really lucky to have so much time on your hand to able
>>>to go to supermarket so often. Of course that's the most healthy way to
>>>eat. Many nutrition value is just lost during the deep freezing process.
>
> I have to question this idea. It may be true but I can not figure out
> how. Freezing should prevent chemical breakdown of nutrients not
> encourage any. Cooking does actually break down some of the nutrients
> and I would bet more than freezing does.

Actually I agree with that part. Overcook your meat does indeed kill tons
of nutrition. But most stores deep freeze them when transit, then let them
sit in warehouses, then deep freeze them again when it arrives in the
supermarket.... The fibre is just so destroyed when you finally get
them....

>>>When we were back in Taiwan, my mom would able to buy freshly butchered
>>>meat everyday. We can no longer afford such luxury here.
>
> It is hard to say but around where I live most supermarkets sell
> unforzen (but refrigerated) meat, I assume they did not freeze it and
> then defrost it at the supermarket.

I hope not.... But if you buy meat from Taiwan's traditional market (not
supermarket and such), what you get is freshly butchered meat from local
butcher houses and never was frozen. They only carry enough to be sold for
the day (and close their stands when things are sold out; leftovers usually
sold to restaurants or become ground meat). When you have high quality
food like that, people don't need to eat as much (and become fat...).

>> Well, which takes more time - 5 minutes to get some groceries or 8 minutes
>> defrosting meat at 30% power level in the microwave? I don't know why you
>> think it takes "so much time" to get groceries. I almost always get the
>> same stuff so I know where it is plus I tend to go when the store is empty
>> and do my own checkout at the self-help registers. It takes hardly any
>> time at all.
>
> Wow, self-help registers how do those work?

I don't know how it works around Zac's place, but in my area, there are
four registers at the end, facing each other sort of like gas station's
formation, that people can swipe their own barcode. There is usually an
attendant around for problems (like certain thing doesn't scan or check
your ID if you bought something alcoholic). Veggies and such that requires
weighing, you just have to find the veggie's name on the touch screen and
weigh it on the station. Then you can swipe your credit card or insert
cash like some vending machine (which I've never tried). It can be faster
than normal lines if you are a very good cashier (which I think I am now
trained)....

Home Depot around here also have those stations now....

> Personally, it takes me about about 20 minutes even under ideal
> conditions, because I have to get my bike out, ride over, lock my bike
> etc. (around 10 minutes both ways all told), find the stuff and deal
> with check out (at least 5 minutes under ideal contions).

For me, I also have to take a shower and groom myself. I can't go out in a
way that's unpresentable, or I'd feel miserable. I guess I am very Asian
that way.... You would never catch me going out in pajamas, like some
people around here would do....

> In practice it takes far longer because I have to procrastinate about
> doing it, figure out what I am out of, figure out what I want to buy,
> and get my backpack ready. Then when I am there I have to buy stuff I
> forgot to put on my list, pick up something on my list I forgot and
> then wait in long lines (I suspect the only time my local market is
> quite is about 3 am). Of course I have to shop at least twice a week to
> get all the food I need because of the limits of my comfortable
> carrying capacity. I could shop more but it is not worth the effort for
> me.

I think we are quite similar that way, except I drive instead of riding a
bike. I also plan ahead when I shop, and I just have to circling around
the store for some while just to make sure there is nothing forgotten or
stuff forgot to be put on the list is also acquired.

If I am going shopping for grocery on a special cooking mission, then I
would have to print out recipes from the Internet and stuff and start doing
scavenger hunt for hard to find ingredients (like sun-dried tomatoes...,
which is for some odd reason, not carried in regular supermarkets).... Of
course, that's an extreme case, but I find shopping for grocery can be a
chore... (depend on my expectation, of course).

--
Ashikaga a27

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 20:37:31 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>For me, I also have to take a shower and groom myself. I can't go out in a
>way that's unpresentable, or I'd feel miserable. I guess I am very Asian
>that way.... You would never catch me going out in pajamas, like some
>people around here would do....

So your normal mode is just to be unpresentable? You must make a special
effort to leave your cave, eh hermit?

*begins to understand the hairstyle in Ashi's photo now*
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> pibbur <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:

>>Corn dogs?
>
> Processed meat cylinders aka hot dogs aka franks aka links, on a
> sharp stick, dipped and coated with cornbread batter. They
> usually are precooked and all you have to do is heat them in the
> oven.

Thanks. I'd always vaguely wondered what they were, too.

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\\\\\\//////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a30
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

On 04 Sep 2005 23:19:05 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:

>Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
>> pibbur <oopsNO.CAPS000@tele2dragon.nomaill> wrote:
>
>>>Corn dogs?
>>
>> Processed meat cylinders aka hot dogs aka franks aka links, on a
>> sharp stick, dipped and coated with cornbread batter. They
>> usually are precooked and all you have to do is heat them in the
>> oven.
>
>Thanks. I'd always vaguely wondered what they were, too.

They're okay as food at a carnivale or something. I wouldn't eat them at
home if I had a choice of better stuff. I do like cornbread muffins
though. Hmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/

Samurai

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2002

Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> Later they quit being open 25 hours a day.

There could be a reason for that. :D

\^\^//

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:56:06 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:39:23 GMT, Ashikaga <citizenashi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>And how big is your house??? I thought it takes a long time to drive out
>>of your driveway. :p
>
>Oh, well you know that my property includes some other buildings, shopping
>centers, a mall, etc.
Yeah, he just uses his Bat-tunnel to get to the store super-quick!
--
Optician Dragon
-=UDIC=-

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 19:39:13 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On 04 Sep 2005 23:19:05 GMT, Samurai <nospam@dev.nul> wrote:
>
>>Quoth Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:

>>> Processed meat cylinders aka hot dogs aka franks aka links, on a
>>> sharp stick, dipped and coated with cornbread batter. They
>>> usually are precooked and all you have to do is heat them in the
>>> oven.
>>
>>Thanks. I'd always vaguely wondered what they were, too.
>
>They're okay as food at a carnivale or something. I wouldn't eat them at
>home if I had a choice of better stuff. I do like cornbread muffins
>though. Hmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
You can get Pepperidge Farms corndogs. Nummy! Be sure to not nuke
them, but use the oven and they come out toasty-crisp.
--
Optician Dragon
-=UDIC=-
"There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it."
Larry Niven

Eek! Optician Dragon wrote:
<snip>
> You can get Pepperidge Farms corndogs. Nummy! Be sure to not nuke
> them, but use the oven and they come out toasty-crisp.

Pepperidge Farms makes corndogs??? I thought they only make cookies.

--
Ashikaga a27