generic host process

Most times I connect to internet my firewall shows a message 'generic host
process for win 32 services wants to act as server'. At other times it
shows 'generic host process for win 32 services wants to accept connections
from the internet'. Could you please tell me what this means and should i
allow or deny. (I always deny at moment). Thanks to anyone who can
enlighten me.

This can be any download managers / Internet boosters/ or any other
applications that you might have installed. At times, a spyware could also
report such an activity.

Make sure you run ad-aware/cwshredder to make sure spywares are removed.

http://www.soft32.com/download_19014.html

Jonybrv

"Robjem" wrote:

> Most times I connect to internet my firewall shows a message 'generic host
> process for win 32 services wants to act as server'. At other times it
> shows 'generic host process for win 32 services wants to accept connections
> from the internet'. Could you please tell me what this means and should i
> allow or deny. (I always deny at moment). Thanks to anyone who can
> enlighten me.

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Personally allow it for Windows Update and to update the clock, otherwise
deny it access

Jon