New hardware wizard??

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Whenever I uninstall a program the computer restarts with the new hardware
wizard and seems to assume that some "exe" or "dll" is part of some hardware
I still have on my system. I am running XP home and have Zone alarm, AVG &
Anti-spyware installed so I know I do not have any infestation but it is
extremely annoying. I have restored to before I installed anything but still
get this problem... Anyone got any ideas or should I just bite the bullet and
re-install (and lose all my carefully installed updates) the whole caboodle?
Much help appreciated.... Dave
--
I don't know much.... but I appreciate everything

Dave, try this

The Add New Hardware Wizard in Windows XP appears at every boot up Problem
Every time the Windows XP system starts up its Add New Hardware Wizard comes
up and wants to install the drivers for a printer or a scanner even though
the peripheral device is already loaded and working.

Microsoft states that this is a known issue in Windows XP Home and
Professional when a peripheral device is loaded without using the hardware
wizard.

The fix

When the Add New Hardware Wizard comes up at start-up, click on Next, and
let it run. At the end it still says that it can't find the required
software. Just click Finish instead of Cancel and the wizard should stop
coming up.

> Whenever I uninstall a program the computer restarts with the new hardware
> wizard and seems to assume that some "exe" or "dll" is part of some
> hardware
> I still have on my system. I am running XP home and have Zone alarm, AVG &
> Anti-spyware installed so I know I do not have any infestation but it is
> extremely annoying. I have restored to before I installed anything but
> still
> get this problem... Anyone got any ideas or should I just bite the bullet
> and
> re-install (and lose all my carefully installed updates) the whole
> caboodle?
> Much help appreciated.... Dave
> --
> I don't know much.... but I appreciate everything

TRENDING THREADS