Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 - Mic woes.

Last response: in Windows 7
August 11, 2012 3:21:31 AM

Hi all, I have recently put a SSD in my rig, and with it, I did a fresh windows 7 64 bit ultimate install. Since then I have installed multiple versions of the realtek drivers, done two fresh installs of windows 7, and tried everything else I can find on the internet in order to get my microphone working.

I am using the ASUS drivers from the asus website, for my p8z77-v Mobo.

The mic is enabled, and ive messed with all settings trying to get it to work.

I dont know if its connected, but i have attached an image below to show some settings etc.

In the image, in the sounds panel you will see the little bar that registers sound - That goes up 1 bar and drops again about every 1 second, the sound is 100% not coming from the microphone. When I unplug the mic from either the front of the rear jack the little thing spikes to full and then drops again, doing its little one bar register thing.

Please help, i am so frustrated and dont know what else to try! The microphone is a Zalman clip on mic, that worked perfectly in windows 7 before the fresh ssd install.

More about : win mic woes

a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 3:42:21 AM

Have you tried installing Vista drivers?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 4:21:32 AM

Try disable microphone and set line-in as default recording device. Then separate all input jacks as independent input devices.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2012 5:06:35 AM

Hi Dingo, downloading them to try now, will let you know how it goes.

Pyree, I tried that and have had no luck :( 
m
l
August 11, 2012 6:32:10 AM

Okay, Tried the vista drivers and no luck. I have a mate who thinks the mobo might be faulty, but it worked fine before the ssd install, and the only thing i touch on the mobo was the sata port, and i ensured no static...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 7:02:27 AM

More likely to be the mic's fault since there is a spike in noise when you pull the mic out, indicating the mobo sound card is registering the mic being pulled out. Check that the mic is working.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2012 2:24:15 PM

Have you gone into Device Manager and checked to see if the device is ok? Have you Uninstalled the device from Device Manager and re-installed drivers from there?

Have you tried it from Safe Mode?
m
l
!