I am having problems getting MTP devices to connect to my computer. Any help is appreciated.
Originally I had this problem with my Canon T1i, so I bought a memory card reader.
Now the problem is occurring with my Google Nexus 7 Tablet.
Other USB devices like keyboard, USB drives, mice... work fine
The typical scenario:
I plug the USB device in, it attempts to install and then I get a "Device driver software was not successfully installed" for MTP USB Device.
Typical error message in Device Manager:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
Some times it also reads "Code 10"
What I've tried
- connecting to other USB ports
- connecting devices to other computers running windows 7 (works)
- Updating device driver in device manager
- Uninstalling and reinstallnig the device in device manager
- Uninstalling USB Controllers in device manager
- Uninstalling Apple software
- Repairing Windows Media Player (Not sure if it actually repaired since there's no installer)
- Running a registry cleaner among other regular maintenance
- This Solution
- Several Other internet/forum solutions with no success.
- Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 Bit
- Intel Core i7 930
- 12 GB RAM
- 64GB C: Driver (OS + Programs), 1TB D: Drive (User Folder, Docs + Programs) [I feel this may contribute to the issue]