DVD drive wont read CD's or DVD's

Just recently my DVD drive and My CD/writer drive wont play music cd's or
dvd's.
I hear it reve up for a second then it stops. Can anyone help?

Maybe autorun is disabled. Right click the DVD drive from My Computer and
select Explorer. It should open a window showing contents. If you see error
like Drive not ready or similar to this. Explore Device Manager and check for
any error codes that might be listed for this drive.

Jonybrv

"iluvbusted25" wrote:

> Just recently my DVD drive and My CD/writer drive wont play music cd's or
> dvd's.
> I hear it reve up for a second then it stops. Can anyone help?

Are you talking about one drive or two- it's not clear from your posting.
Is it showing in device manager? Are the cables still connected?
They don't last forever, sometimes it's time to buy a new one.

"iluvbusted25" <iluvbusted25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just recently my DVD drive and My CD/writer drive wont play music cd's or
> dvd's.
> I hear it reve up for a second then it stops. Can anyone help?

Get it checked by a technician.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

iluvbusted25 wrote:
> Just recently my DVD drive and My CD/writer drive wont play music cd's or
> dvd's.
> I hear it reve up for a second then it stops. Can anyone help?

Thanks I think I should. There's Two drives. Also its a laptop.