Easy File Sharing Web Server

i want to set up a home network but i havent got any servers is there any
ones over the internet i can use?

Malke

Davies wrote:

> i want to set up a home network but i havent got any servers is there
> any ones over the internet i can use?

Davies, you've made two posts about this subject without really telling
us what you want to do. What is your end goal? If you just want to have
a central place to store files, you don't need a server operating
system. If you want a full-fledged domain, then you will need to have a
server operating system. If you want a central file server that others
outside your home network can access, then that's something else again.
All of these options are doable.

But rather than me trying to guess, tell us exactly what you would like
to do so we can help you. Include information about what computers you
already have and the operating systems they are running. Because you
posted in an XP group, I assume you have XP but tell us whether you
have Home or Pro.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers