offline folders - not enough space on c-drive

Hello!
I have acces to an network-disk, and want to synchrinze some folders, no
problem
but now there is not much space left on my c-partition.

Where can I change, that some place on my d-drive will be used instead?

Greetings Bjørn
P.S. I read the help-manuals about synchronizing, but couldn't find anything
about it...
1 answer Last reply
More about offline folders space drive

    bdj wrote:

    > Hello!
    > I have acces to an network-disk, and want to synchrinze some folders, no
    > problem
    > but now there is not much space left on my c-partition.
    >
    > Where can I change, that some place on my d-drive will be used instead?
    Hi,

    A previous post about this:

    From: Ryan Winland
    Subject: Re: Changing offline files folder location on WinXP Pro
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
    Date: 2002-05-27 15:01:59 PST

    <quote>
    Hello:

    The Resource Kit is not required to relocate the Client Side Cache folder.

    If your Windows 2000 (or XP) partition is NTFS, try something like this:

    1) Boot into Safe Mode and delete the contents of the CSC folder.

    2) While still in Safe Mode, create a reparse point (junction) in the
    %SystemRoot%\CSC folder and point it toward another partition or a
    folder in another partition. Use the Logical Disk Manager (Computer
    Management\Storage\Disk Management) to mount a partition or
    SysInternals Junction
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Junction.html
    to mount a folder.

    This works in Windows 2000, and should in Windows XP (I haven't tested it,
    however).

    Hope this helps.
    Ryan Winland
    </quote>