Win XP and Event Viewer

Is there a way in Win XP Pro (SP2) to have event viewer remember its window
size and pos when reopened?
Also, is there a way to save the applied filter(s) - eg Information and
Success Audits unchecked - so that they remain applied next time the event
viewer is opened?
2 answers Last reply
More about event viewer

    Not with the default. What I do is run MMC.Exe, then load in the
    snap-ins you want. Save the Console, create a Shortcut to it. Then
    you can configure window layout and filters, etc to your liking and
    they will be retained on next use. Specifically, I set the Event logs
    to only track Warnings and Errors - not really concerned about the
    informationals.

    "RobRW" <RobRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way in Win XP Pro (SP2) to have event viewer remember its
    > window
    > size and pos when reopened?
    > Also, is there a way to save the applied filter(s) - eg Information and
    > Success Audits unchecked - so that they remain applied next time the event
    > viewer is opened?

    Thanks a lot. That worked just like you described - much appreciated.

    "R. McCarty" wrote:

    > Not with the default. What I do is run MMC.Exe, then load in the
    > snap-ins you want. Save the Console, create a Shortcut to it. Then
    > you can configure window layout and filters, etc to your liking and
    > they will be retained on next use. Specifically, I set the Event logs
    > to only track Warnings and Errors - not really concerned about the
    > informationals.
    >
    > "RobRW" <RobRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way in Win XP Pro (SP2) to have event viewer remember its
    > > window
    > > size and pos when reopened?
    > > Also, is there a way to save the applied filter(s) - eg Information and
    > > Success Audits unchecked - so that they remain applied next time the event
    > > viewer is opened?

Event Viewer Microsoft Windows XP