Win XP and Event Viewer

Is there a way in Win XP Pro (SP2) to have event viewer remember its window
size and pos when reopened?
Also, is there a way to save the applied filter(s) - eg Information and
Success Audits unchecked - so that they remain applied next time the event
viewer is opened?

Not with the default. What I do is run MMC.Exe, then load in the
snap-ins you want. Save the Console, create a Shortcut to it. Then
you can configure window layout and filters, etc to your liking and
they will be retained on next use. Specifically, I set the Event logs
to only track Warnings and Errors - not really concerned about the
informationals.

"RobRW" <RobRW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way in Win XP Pro (SP2) to have event viewer remember its
> window
> size and pos when reopened?
> Also, is there a way to save the applied filter(s) - eg Information and
> Success Audits unchecked - so that they remain applied next time the event
> viewer is opened?

Thanks a lot. That worked just like you described - much appreciated.