Using HT speakers for new PC

I'm in the process of building a new PC. With this system I'd like to use a set of older (but incredible) 5.1 speakers from a HT setup that was also recently replaced. Are there any PC specific amps or sound card/amp combos that might suit my needs better than running an older reciever between the card and the speakers? This will only be for gaming and music listening. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about using speakers
  1. The older receiver would work perfectly as long as it's a perfectly working old receiver. If you have digital output on your system and digital input on the receiver, all the better.

    Oh, and i before e except after c...

    <font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. Thr reciever is working just fine and yes it has digital ins and the card will have digital outs. Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Speakers Components