Favorites Icon in Save/Open Office Windows

I have a new PC and can't recall how I made this work on my last one.

When I am in Word or Excel etc, and I click OPEN or SAVE AS, the Windows box
that opens to allow to select a path and filename, used to have my FAVORITES
Icon on the left side (along with My Documents, Recent Documents, My
Compuater etc).

How do I add the MY FAVORITES ICON (the star) to the left side of these
open/save windows for fast access

Thanks
Please email me
rlee@hel-inc.com
2 answers Last reply
More about favorites icon save open office windows

    co to file save as and in on the tools drop down choose add to my places.

    peace:-)

    "Russell" <Russell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a new PC and can't recall how I made this work on my last one.
    >
    > When I am in Word or Excel etc, and I click OPEN or SAVE AS, the Windows
    > box
    > that opens to allow to select a path and filename, used to have my
    > FAVORITES
    > Icon on the left side (along with My Documents, Recent Documents, My
    > Compuater etc).
    >
    > How do I add the MY FAVORITES ICON (the star) to the left side of these
    > open/save windows for fast access
    >
    > Thanks
    > Please email me
    > rlee@hel-inc.com

    This works for 2002 also.
    How to Customize the Places Bar Word 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;205041

    Microsoft Office XP
    HOW TO Customize the My Places Bar in the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282087

    Customize the Places Bar in Office XP
    http://www.petri.co.il/customize_the_places_bar_in_office_xp.htm

    Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7CAC12C9-7037-450D-A3FD-F389AA628EDB@microsoft.com,
    Russell <Russell@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have a new PC and can't recall how I made this work on my last one.
    >
    > When I am in Word or Excel etc, and I click OPEN or SAVE AS, the Windows
    > box that opens to allow to select a path and filename, used to have my
    > FAVORITES Icon on the left side (along with My Documents, Recent
    > Documents, My Compuater etc).
    >
    > How do I add the MY FAVORITES ICON (the star) to the left side of these
    > open/save windows for fast access
    >
    > Thanks
    > Please email me
    > rlee@hel-inc.com