Favorites Icon in Save/Open Office Windows

russell

I have a new PC and can't recall how I made this work on my last one.

When I am in Word or Excel etc, and I click OPEN or SAVE AS, the Windows box
that opens to allow to select a path and filename, used to have my FAVORITES
Icon on the left side (along with My Documents, Recent Documents, My
Compuater etc).

How do I add the MY FAVORITES ICON (the star) to the left side of these
open/save windows for fast access

Thanks
Please email me
rlee@hel-inc.com

co to file save as and in on the tools drop down choose add to my places.

peace:)

"Russell" <Russell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new PC and can't recall how I made this work on my last one.
>
> When I am in Word or Excel etc, and I click OPEN or SAVE AS, the Windows
> box
> that opens to allow to select a path and filename, used to have my
> FAVORITES
> Icon on the left side (along with My Documents, Recent Documents, My
> Compuater etc).
>
> How do I add the MY FAVORITES ICON (the star) to the left side of these
> open/save windows for fast access
>
> Thanks
> Please email me
> rlee@hel-inc.com

This works for 2002 also.
How to Customize the Places Bar Word 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;205041

Microsoft Office XP
HOW TO Customize the My Places Bar in the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282087

Customize the Places Bar in Office XP
http://www.petri.co.il/customize_the_places_bar_in_office_xp.htm

Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes