I am trying to set a wallpaper I got off the internet, but when I change the
display properties, it will only change the colours. It wont even use the
pictures from Windows. How do I fix this?

Hi there I had the same problem. Simply right click the desktop, goto
"arrange icons by" and then check "lock web items to the desktop".