nico3d

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003
how much faster(in percentage)is a brand memory like kingston or corsair than a generic memory module.
Of course,same modules same speeds.
I understand that what makes the brand ones faster is their better latency. Is that right? but in percentage, how much is that? Does it worth the sometimes big money difference for same module same speed?

Nico -- Nick :p

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The biggest difference is that most brand names are a little unstable with the latest hardware, while most generics are totally unstable.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

sirak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
I have two sticks of Elixir 512mb PC3200. I had never heard of Elixir, but my system loves them. No problems after 6 months of use.

----------------------
PIV 2.4c @ 2.89ghz
1gig PC3200 (512mbx2)
ASUS P4P800
GF3 Ti200 64mb (soon to be replaced)
WinXP Pro
3DMark2001SE: 6300
3DMark2003: 688

G

I like that, makes sence. How far are you away from Michigan Speedway?

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vista on 01/29/04 08:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm "forever" away from there. That's located in the middle of nowhere almost 120 miles due south of the middle of nowhere I live in.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>