Windows Explorer Error - Can't run Explorer

Just recently, I started getting this error saying:

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience."

And it has the error report buisness.

In the error report signature it has:

"AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000"

Everytime I close it, it shuts down explorer (windows explorer, not IE) and
then restarts it and then the error pops up again. This is exremley
frustrating as I can barely use any programs, etc. I've run Adaware, Spybot,
AVG antivirus, and HiJackTHis but nothing has worked. Please help!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer error explorer

    Marcel <Marcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Just recently, I started getting this error saying:
    >
    >"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
    >sorry for the inconvenience."

    Check if this comes from software that runs at the same time:
    "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560)
    "How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353)

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233