Why do I not have anything showing when I select My Network Places in
Windows Explorer? There are drop downs for Microsoft Terminal Serrvices;
Microsoft Windows Network; Web Client Network. The first of these I do not
use. The scond has my domain controller and the rest of the machines on the
Network. The last throws error when choosing Properties. But in any case
there is nothing shown on the ride-hand side when I select My Network
Places.

For example I cannot make a New Network Place and so therefore cannot set a
connection to a drive on another computer on the Network in this location
such as:

//Machine1/c$

Has this functionality been removed from Windows XP Pro? Thanks.

--
George Hester
_______________________________

George Hester wrote:

> Why do I not have anything showing when I select My Network Places in
> Windows Explorer? There are drop downs for Microsoft Terminal Serrvices;
> Microsoft Windows Network; Web Client Network. The first of these I do not
> use. The scond has my domain controller and the rest of the machines on the
> Network. The last throws error when choosing Properties. But in any case
> there is nothing shown on the ride-hand side when I select My Network
> Places.
>
> For example I cannot make a New Network Place and so therefore cannot set a
> connection to a drive on another computer on the Network in this location
> such as:
>
> //Machine1/c$
>
> Has this functionality been removed from Windows XP Pro? Thanks.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________

For starters try \\Machine1\c$ it makes a difference.

--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly

That didn't answer my question. Thanks anyway. I can not even type it in
wrong for there is nothing to allow me to do that. The right-hand pane is
completely empty when I select My Network Places in Windows Explorer. Has

"Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message
> George Hester wrote:
>
> > Why do I not have anything showing when I select My Network Places in
> > Windows Explorer? There are drop downs for Microsoft Terminal
Serrvices;
> > Microsoft Windows Network; Web Client Network. The first of these I do
not
> > use. The scond has my domain controller and the rest of the machines on
the
> > Network. The last throws error when choosing Properties. But in any
case
> > there is nothing shown on the ride-hand side when I select My Network
> > Places.
> >
> > For example I cannot make a New Network Place and so therefore cannot
set a
> > connection to a drive on another computer on the Network in this
location
> > such as:
> >
> > //Machine1/c$
> >
> > Has this functionality been removed from Windows XP Pro? Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> > _______________________________
> >

> For starters try \\Machine1\c$ it makes a difference.
>
> --
> Danny Kile
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
>
> "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
> you." Mary Bly

Well it turns out Windows XP has the functionality it is just not as easy to
get to as it was in Windows 2000. Here is the article that discusses it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308416

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message
> George Hester wrote:
>
> > Why do I not have anything showing when I select My Network Places in
> > Windows Explorer? There are drop downs for Microsoft Terminal
Serrvices;
> > Microsoft Windows Network; Web Client Network. The first of these I do
not
> > use. The scond has my domain controller and the rest of the machines on
the
> > Network. The last throws error when choosing Properties. But in any
case
> > there is nothing shown on the ride-hand side when I select My Network
> > Places.
> >
> > For example I cannot make a New Network Place and so therefore cannot
set a
> > connection to a drive on another computer on the Network in this
location
> > such as:
> >
> > //Machine1/c$
> >
> > Has this functionality been removed from Windows XP Pro? Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> >

> For starters try \\Machine1\c$ it makes a difference.
>
> --
> Danny Kile
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
>
> "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
> you." Mary Bly

TRENDING THREADS