Force Feedback Pro Compatibility

Does anyone know if Microsoft has any adapters or drivers that allow a
gameport Force Feedback Joystick to work with XP? Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about force feedback compatibility

    Hi,

    "windsurfnp13" <windsurfnp13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4920AC2-BED9-4676-BC81-E4DCD4F1B286@microsoft.com...
    > Does anyone know if Microsoft has any adapters or drivers that allow a
    > gameport Force Feedback Joystick to work with XP? Thanks

    USB devices just plug and play. GamePort devices need some work
    and you will find that force feedback won't work for most games:

    To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    The device should work with the provided Windows drivers. The 3.02 software
    provided extra functionality, which was not compatible with XP.

    --
    Steve Sullivan, MVP
    Microsoft Hardware Products

    "windsurfnp13" <windsurfnp13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if Microsoft has any adapters or drivers that allow a
    > gameport Force Feedback Joystick to work with XP? Thanks

Microsoft Compatibility Video Games