Force Feedback Pro Compatibility

Does anyone know if Microsoft has any adapters or drivers that allow a
gameport Force Feedback Joystick to work with XP? Thanks

Hi,

"windsurfnp13" <windsurfnp13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4920AC2-BED9-4676-BC81-E4DCD4F1B286@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if Microsoft has any adapters or drivers that allow a
> gameport Force Feedback Joystick to work with XP? Thanks

USB devices just plug and play. GamePort devices need some work
and you will find that force feedback won't work for most games:

To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

The device should work with the provided Windows drivers. The 3.02 software
provided extra functionality, which was not compatible with XP.

--
Steve Sullivan, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products