Pinging via IP works, not using hostname - MN700

Hello,

My new MN700 is working like a charm. I have three machines
connected and can see their hostnames and DHCP-assigned IPs
in the Base Station Management Tool. I can, of course, ping
each machine from the others using the IP addresses, but
not using the hostnames. Naturally I can add a line to my
hosts file for each machine, but the IP will change as they
get reassigned by the DHCP server.

Question: Is there any way that I can support host names
rather than just IPs in my small network? Thanks.

Dylan Thomas
www.esri.com

Answered my own question: the two machines that couldn't
see each other were set up on different Windows domains.