Why same taskbar tab for Win Explorer & Internet Explorer?

I think something has messed up some of my XP settings (I am on SP1).

When I have several windows open then I sometimes get both Internet
Explorer and Windows Explorer grouped together in one tab. This tab
has a Windows Explorer yellow-folder icon.

How can I correct this?
1 answer Last reply
More about taskbar explorer internet explorer

    Not sure why this occurs, but here is a workaround:

    Incorrect Taskbar group icon assigned for an application:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/taskbargroupicon.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Bill Woods" <woods_b@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >I think something has messed up some of my XP settings (I am on SP1).
    >
    > When I have several windows open then I sometimes get both Internet
    > Explorer and Windows Explorer grouped together in one tab. This tab
    > has a Windows Explorer yellow-folder icon.
    >
    > How can I correct this?

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Explorer Windows XP