Unable to display pictures or ads on web sites

June 15, 2005 2:09:15 AM

On some web sites pictures and/or advertisments aren't showing up. Instead
there is either a red square in the upper left hand corner and it says
"Click Here" or it says "The Page Cannot be Displayed". Is there some
setting that I should change so I can view these pictures on the web sites.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:32:21 AM

Hi Tonya,

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Scroll
down
to Multimedia and see if "Show Pictures" is checked. For more
possibilities look here.

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Tonya wrote:
> On some web sites pictures and/or advertisments aren't
> showing up. Instead there is either a red square in the
> upper left hand corner and it says "Click Here" or it
> says "The Page Cannot be Displayed". Is there some
> setting that I should change so I can view these pictures
> on the web sites.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:07:52 PM

Tonya,

>> it says "The Page Cannot be Displayed".

Looks like your HOSTS file is blocking the AD servers.

More Info:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP