Unable to display pictures or ads on web sites

On some web sites pictures and/or advertisments aren't showing up. Instead
there is either a red square in the upper left hand corner and it says
"Click Here" or it says "The Page Cannot be Displayed". Is there some
setting that I should change so I can view these pictures on the web sites.
2 answers Last reply
More about unable display pictures sites

    Hi Tonya,

    In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Scroll
    down
    to Multimedia and see if "Show Pictures" is checked. For more
    possibilities look here.

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Tonya wrote:
    > On some web sites pictures and/or advertisments aren't
    > showing up. Instead there is either a red square in the
    > upper left hand corner and it says "Click Here" or it
    > says "The Page Cannot be Displayed". Is there some
    > setting that I should change so I can view these pictures
    > on the web sites.

    Tonya,

    >> it says "The Page Cannot be Displayed".

    Looks like your HOSTS file is blocking the AD servers.

    More Info:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Tonya" <tcanning@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > On some web sites pictures and/or advertisments aren't showing up.
    > Instead there is either a red square in the upper left hand corner and it
    > says "Click Here" or it says "The Page Cannot be Displayed". Is there
    > some setting that I should change so I can view these pictures on the web
    > sites.

Microsoft Windows XP Displays