Blue screen of death.

enemy43

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I usually left my computer on for over night when downloading and yesterday i installed a game and now the so called blue screen death started appearing after 15 mins or so. I thought it was an OS error so i installed a fresh copy but still it appears but less frequent and then i unistalled the beta version of the graphic driver i downloaded and installed the older version but it still appearr. How will i fix this. Thanks in advance.

darkmanmd

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

If you are already versed on most of this stuff, Skip to the things you might need. Already hip to uTorrent? If not you can go get it for free right here www.utorrent.com (no worries it's free)

I've partitioned my hard drive in order to have multiple volumes. Although some part of everything ends up in C:\ I try to save for my operating system, choosing instead to install my new programs into D:\Program Files; one of my disc partitions.

So, depending on how you have your hard disc set up. Install uTorrent where ever you want it C: is not a problem. Just install it wherever you wish.

Once installed, look up to the right hand corner and hit preferences. Then hit Setup guide. You'll have an options of ping locations chose the one closest to you. uTorrent will test your connection and provide the required setting(s) including speeds (in your case to download) what you might need; which in this case is Hirens, a freely distributed program.

Since you are not going to get a private or DMCI protected torrent I won't bother to hip you to other setting options. So now you are ready to go.

Go here http://h33t.com/details.php?id=99c5d46e5237fb3b8ba9cdd3ba9ca451b1b14c57 and leech the file.

Click on "torrent" button to download Hiren's Boot DVD 15.1 Restored Edition (PROTEUS) [Original]

uTorrent will autmatically handle the file if yo his "open with" TW, The file is totally clean. Scouts honor. Once downloaded, (Hirens comes down in an .ISO format burn it to DVD Disc.

If you have a dvd burning program you already know what to do. If you don't have an ISO burner go here www.imgburn.com and get one. Look around so you see what you're getting an learn something while you are there.

Then go to http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=470&ssid=0&did=1

and D/L IngBurn, one of the best burning iso programs for free.

Install it.

During the install process check the box that say include it into the content menu.

That way when you actually find where you downloaded Hirens.iso on your computer, all you'll have to do is highlight it right click the .ISO file then left click the option of turning it over to ImgBurn.....

Put a Blank DVD inside the burner.

Once IMGBurn is up, Select make a boot-able ISO, let it run. IMGBurn will take it from there. There ya go. You have a Boot-able version of Hirens.

Reboot the Machine, hit F8 or F10 which ever one gives you the option to boot from CD and click it.

Not to worry if you have non functioning current OP System cuz this disc is self booting. Click on Mini XP/Win& or Linux or whatever Op system you have. Once it loads you'll have a windows XP/Win7/etc. Graphics User Interface that looks just like you see in windows.

Hit Hirens Menu. Select Systems Information then select BlueScreenView.exe (click) Run the program and it will read all your dump files to show you what the problem is. Once you see the problem(s), you will find a repair program(s) on Hirens CD (DVD) to fix it (them).

I cold have made this whole thing a lot easier with much less typing for me but if you followed the instructions that i laid out, you may have learned something in the process..or, maybe not but in any case you will be able to fix what is not.

So, you can go here www.hirens.info and install BlueScreenView direct. But you'd have to look around to find it and that would have been a big pain in the ass and...... you would not get all the rest of the cool programs that you'll need. :=)

So download the CD as I instructed and fix whatever you have. At the end of the day I am certain you'll find that Hirens can do just about anything, including mugging your G/F and cracking her on the ass. Good luck and for god's sake have a bit of fun. latez