Sign in with
Your question

Advise needed on Notebook

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 17, 2007 12:20:07 AM

Hey guys,

I am posting for my bro b/c he jumped the gun and bought a notebook for gaming purposes and didn't do his research.
He bought a compaq presorio v6000. The video card for it is a Nvidia geforce 7150M. I know nothing about notebooks but from what i can tell that card is useless for gaming. He plays MMO's. Can you even upgrade to a new card? I really know nothing with this so please any input would help.

More about : advise needed notebook

a b D Laptop
December 17, 2007 2:24:07 AM

convo said:
Hey guys,

I am posting for my bro b/c he jumped the gun and bought a notebook for gaming purposes and didn't do his research.
He bought a compaq presorio v6000. The video card for it is a Nvidia geforce 7150M. I know nothing about notebooks but from what i can tell that card is useless for gaming. He plays MMO's. Can you even upgrade to a new card? I really know nothing with this so please any input would help.

Yeah, it's a pretty crappy card, it's integrated. Usually for laptops to be upgradeable they need to have a dedicated card in them that use an MXM slot (mobile xpress module). I highly doubt that the v6000 will have an MXM slot and to answer your second question, no it probably can't be upgraded.

Has he actually received the laptop yet? or can he still cancel his order?
December 17, 2007 1:56:32 PM

I kinda figured that with the video card. I was scared this answer was going to come. He has had the laptop since Oct. I don't think he can return it now. thx for the insight
!