A lil off topic but used on XP machines. I found a program years ago that
types what you say into the microphone. Didn't need it then and I've
forgotten what it was called. I remember it came with a book that you had
to read into the program first so it could learn your voice anomalies etc.
Can't find anything like that now. Does anyone know a program that will
type what you say?

Malke

Diaboyos wrote:

> A lil off topic but used on XP machines. I found a program years ago
> that
> types what you say into the microphone. Didn't need it then and I've
> forgotten what it was called. I remember it came with a book that you
> had to read into the program first so it could learn your voice
> anomalies etc.
> Can't find anything like that now. Does anyone know a program that
> will type what you say?

Dragon Naturally Speaking:

http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

XP includes a basic version of that voice recognition
software. What you want is called Dragon Naturally
Speaking.

some support

"Diaboyos" <diaboyos@aafa.net> wrote in message
|A lil off topic but used on XP machines. I found a program
years ago that
| types what you say into the microphone. Didn't need it
then and I've
| forgotten what it was called. I remember it came with a
book that you had
| to read into the program first so it could learn your
voice anomalies etc.
| Can't find anything like that now. Does anyone know a
program that will
| type what you say?

Here: http://www.genmay.net/archive/index.php/t-473287.html
http://www.hannity.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-252.html.
Apparently, it's built in to Word 2003, and there's other programs out there.