registry edit

June 14, 2005 11:58:02 PM

how can i enable windows registry editing?

More about : registry edit

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:01:02 AM

Windows xp home by the way

"Inuttei" wrote:

> how can i enable windows registry editing?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:41:38 AM

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:58:02 -0700, Inuttei wrote:

> how can i enable windows registry editing?

Use Start> Run: regedit while logged on to an account in the administrator
group.

If those steps are not doing what you want, repost with more information.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi,

What happens when you go to Start - Run and type Regedit.exe then
press enter?
An error message of some type?

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Inuttei wrote:
> how can i enable windows registry editing?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:37:52 AM

it says that the system administrater (me) has disabled registry editing

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What happens when you go to Start - Run and type Regedit.exe then
> press enter?
> An error message of some type?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Inuttei wrote:
> > how can i enable windows registry editing?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:04:08 AM

Hi,

Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--

Bert Kinney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
> Regedit.exe then press enter?
> An error message of some type?
>

> Inuttei wrote:
>> how can i enable windows registry editing?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:04:09 AM

That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
>
> Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Bert Kinney wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
> > Regedit.exe then press enter?
> > An error message of some type?
> >

> > Inuttei wrote:
> >> how can i enable windows registry editing?

June 15, 2005 4:04:10 AM

restart computer pressing F8 and choose safe mode at the advanced options
menu. log on with the administrator account. try going to start, run, and
typing in regedit then hit ok.

"Inuttei" wrote:

> That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
> > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
> >
> > Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
> > Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> > http://dts-l.org/
> >
> > Bert Kinney wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
> > > Regedit.exe then press enter?
> > > An error message of some type?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:03:56 PM

Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:69D5E531-3FE3-44B7-AE4A-4572939E2F78@microsoft.com,
Inuttei <Inuttei@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
>> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
>>
>> Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
>> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> Bert Kinney wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
>>> Regedit.exe then press enter?
>>> An error message of some type?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:18:44 PM