registry edit

how can i enable windows registry editing?
9 answers Last reply
More about registry edit

    Windows xp home by the way

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:58:02 -0700, Inuttei wrote:

    > how can i enable windows registry editing?

    Use Start> Run: regedit while logged on to an account in the administrator
    group.

    If those steps are not doing what you want, repost with more information.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi,

    What happens when you go to Start - Run and type Regedit.exe then
    press enter?
    An error message of some type?

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Inuttei wrote:
    > how can i enable windows registry editing?

    it says that the system administrater (me) has disabled registry editing

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type Regedit.exe then
    > press enter?
    > An error message of some type?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Inuttei wrote:
    > > how can i enable windows registry editing?

    Hi,

    Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

    Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
    Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

    --

    Bert Kinney wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
    > Regedit.exe then press enter?
    > An error message of some type?
    >

    > Inuttei wrote:
    >> how can i enable windows registry editing?

    That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?

    "Bert Kinney" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    >
    > Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
    > Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
    > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Bert Kinney wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
    > > Regedit.exe then press enter?
    > > An error message of some type?
    > >

    > > Inuttei wrote:
    > >> how can i enable windows registry editing?

    restart computer pressing F8 and choose safe mode at the advanced options
    menu. log on with the administrator account. try going to start, run, and
    typing in regedit then hit ok.

    "Inuttei" wrote:

    > That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
    > > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    > >
    > > Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
    > > Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
    > > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards,
    > > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > > http://dts-l.org/
    > >
    > > Bert Kinney wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
    > > > Regedit.exe then press enter?
    > > > An error message of some type?

    Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:69D5E531-3FE3-44B7-AE4A-4572939E2F78@microsoft.com,
    Inuttei <Inuttei@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > That didn't work, is there any thingy else i can try?
    >
    > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Creates usable copies of REGEDIT, MSCONFIG and Task Manager
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    >>
    >> Then you will have to remove the virus/trojan that caused this.
    >> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
    >> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Bert Kinney wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> What happens when you go to Start - Run and type
    >>> Regedit.exe then press enter?
    >>> An error message of some type?

    This Swen fix should correct that.

    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/Fixswen.inf
    (download, right-click, select Install)

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Inuttei"
    <Inuttei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >it says that the system administrater (me) has disabled registry editing
    >
    >"Bert Kinney" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> What happens when you go to Start - Run and type Regedit.exe then
    >> press enter?
    >> An error message of some type?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Inuttei wrote:
    >> > how can i enable windows registry editing?

Registry Microsoft Windows XP