How do you do a ZIP file?

June 15, 2005 12:01:03 AM

I installed WinZip and now I can't have a zip file anymore. When I right
click it says new winzip file. How do I fix this?

More about : zip file

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:09:42 AM

Winzip took control of the naming and advertises itself, all
you old zip files will still open with Winzip.

some support

"Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I installed WinZip and now I can't have a zip file anymore.
When I right
| click it says new winzip file. How do I fix this?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:14:19 AM

Your question is not very clear. What is it you want to do - exactly?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed WinZip and now I can't have a zip file anymore. When I right
> click it says new winzip file. How do I fix this?
June 15, 2005 8:21:21 AM

"Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed WinZip and now I can't have a zip file anymore. When I right
> click it says new winzip file. How do I fix this?

do what? create? open? Winzip can do both. What *exactly* are you confused
about?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:04:45 PM

Click, Start, Programs, Winzip, Help Manual.

Jimmy wrote:

> I installed WinZip and now I can't have a zip file anymore. When I right
> click it says new winzip file. How do I fix this?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:19:27 PM

WinZip is now doing all the controlling of most archive file formats,
including ZIP files. Read up the documentation of WinZip so as to
understand it.

!