morris

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2004

I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
find them. Where are they hidden?

Try right click on a photo and chose resize picture.
try that

--
Carl G
"Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
>but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
>find them. Where are they hidden?

Right click on one or more selected image files (jpg, bmp,
etc) and select "resize picture" from the menu.

some support

"Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
|I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for
WinXP. It's installed
| but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any
powertoy as I can't
| find them. Where are they hidden?

It will be in a folder called "Power Toys for Windows XP" (in the Start
Menu) - if you have installed the latest version. If you didn't install the
latest version I disremember where it is stored.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
>but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
>find them. Where are they hidden?

Hi Morris,

Highlight an image, or images, right click and select Resize Pictures.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Morris wrote:
> I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for
> WinXP. It's installed but I can't find it so I can launch
> it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't find them. Where
> are they hidden?

If you want to move it to the Win98 place (Control Panel) there are tweaks
to do it, but the standard place is on the Start Menu.

"Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
>but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
>find them. Where are they hidden?

You don't run the resizer program from the program itself, so don't concern
yourself where it's at. Just right click on an image, and choose "resize"
from the drop down menu that will magically appear now that the program is
installed.

"Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
>I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
>but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
>find them. Where are they hidden?

Oh, almost forgot, as to finding the rest of the powertoys, start, all
programs, powertoys for XP will be somewhere in that menu I betcya.

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> You don't run the resizer program from the program itself, so don't
> concern yourself where it's at. Just right click on an image, and choose
> "resize" from the drop down menu that will magically appear now that the
> program is installed.
>
> "Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
>>I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's
>>installed but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy
>>as I can't find them. Where are they hidden?

I tried that. Downloaded the imageresizer.exe from microsoft.com, and
installed it. Installation completed "successfully", but the image resizer
powertoy does not show up in the context menu when I right-click a .jpg file.
Any idea what could have gone wrong?

"Carl G" wrote:

> Try right click on a photo and chose resize picture.
> try that
>
> --
> Carl G
> "Morris" <met@news.net> wrote in message
> >I downloaded and inatalled Image resizer Powertoy for WinXP. It's installed
> >but I can't find it so I can launch it. I can't use any powertoy as I can't
> >find them. Where are they hidden?

You don't see "Resize Pictures"?

--

Lovezice wrote:
> I tried that. Downloaded the imageresizer.exe from
> microsoft.com, and installed it. Installation completed
> "successfully", but the image resizer powertoy does not
> show up in the context menu when I right-click a .jpg
> file. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Nope. I'm thinking that maybe the dll did not get registered properly, or
something like that. I've used the Powertoy on other computers, so I'm
reasonably familiar with what it does and how it's supposed to look. But on
this PC, it just doesn't show up after installation in the right-click menu.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> You don't see "Resize Pictures"?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Lovezice wrote:
> > I tried that. Downloaded the imageresizer.exe from
> > microsoft.com, and installed it. Installation completed
> > "successfully", but the image resizer powertoy does not
> > show up in the context menu when I right-click a .jpg
> > file. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

Hi,

Go to Start - Run and paste the following command then press enter.

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

--

"Lovezice" <Lovezice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nope. I'm thinking that maybe the dll did not get registered properly, or
> something like that. I've used the Powertoy on other computers, so I'm
> reasonably familiar with what it does and how it's supposed to look. But on
> this PC, it just doesn't show up after installation in the right-click menu.
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:

perhaps, u need to have a picture file selected to see resized picture?

TRENDING THREADS