Norton is finding kbdusx.exe as a virus. Can't delete it.

Norton is detecting kbdusx.exe as a virus. It seems to be locked and I can't
heal, quarantine or delete it. It is in the C:\window\system32 directory.BTW
I ran AVG, Norton, Trend Micro and several spyware removal programs. My OS
is XP Pro. I searched for this file on my other XP machine and it doesn't
exist. What should I do to fix this problem?

--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo

kelly

1. restart computer pressing F8
2. go to safe mode with networking if you have an always on connection to
the internet
3. click on IE, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com, Scan now it's free,
scan my computer
4. hey, run norton too if you want a shot
5. if neither of these lets you get rid of that, or you want a faster way,
restart pressing F8 again, go to safe mode
6. follow the path to the file, as you said, C:\window\system32
directory....locate the evil file, right click it and delete it. close
explorer, empty the recycle bin
7. restart into normal mode, run a scan
8. it should be looooooong gone

Good Luck!

"Steve Horrillo" wrote:

> Norton is detecting kbdusx.exe as a virus. It seems to be locked and I can't
> heal, quarantine or delete it. It is in the C:\window\system32 directory.BTW
> I ran AVG, Norton, Trend Micro and several spyware removal programs. My OS
> is XP Pro. I searched for this file on my other XP machine and it doesn't
> exist. What should I do to fix this problem?
>
> --
> Warmest regards,
>
> Steve Horrillo

KG

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:15:02 -0700, "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1. restart computer pressing F8
>2. go to safe mode with networking if you have an always on connection to
>the internet
>3. click on IE, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com, Scan now it's free,
>scan my computer
>4. hey, run norton too if you want a shot
>5. if neither of these lets you get rid of that, or you want a faster way,
>restart pressing F8 again, go to safe mode
>6. follow the path to the file, as you said, C:\window\system32
>directory....locate the evil file, right click it and delete it. close
>explorer, empty the recycle bin
>7. restart into normal mode, run a scan
>8. it should be looooooong gone
>
>Good Luck!
>

>"Steve Horrillo" wrote:
>
>> Norton is detecting kbdusx.exe as a virus. It seems to be locked and I can't
>> heal, quarantine or delete it. It is in the C:\window\system32 directory.BTW
>> I ran AVG, Norton, Trend Micro and several spyware removal programs. My OS
>> is XP Pro. I searched for this file on my other XP machine and it doesn't
>> exist. What should I do to fix this problem?
>>
>> --
>> Warmest regards,
>>
>> Steve Horrillo

I would recommend renaming it first to find out if is a needed file. I usually just add a 1 to the
file name, that way if the file is needed it is easily searched for with *1.exe, and a rename gets
it back in the correct location, being the location was never changed.

Thank You kgsAT@msbx.net

Dr. Kavorkian for White house Physician

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.