My Disk Cleanup tool takes TOO TOO long to scan and delete files, even if
there are not that many files to delete or calculate. On my old computer,
which is slower and has SP 1, scan much faster than this one. Any ideas how i
could fix this?

kelly

have you run defrag in a while?

See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812248

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Disk Cleanup tool takes TOO TOO long to scan and delete files, even if
> there are not that many files to delete or calculate. On my old computer,
> which is slower and has SP 1, scan much faster than this one. Any ideas
> how i
> could fix this?

Start>Run>type in:%temp%>ok
select all the files, press Delete.
Open the Control Panel Internet Options applet.
Select the General tab, then click Delete Files.
Select the "Delete all offline content" check box, then click OK.

Disk Cleanup Tool Stops Responding While Compressing Old Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812248

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#2