File Access

I need help! I’m in a desperate situation. I had windows XP Installed
on my
system and was using it until it started being weird. I uninstalled it
and
put windows 2000 pro on it. But I forgot to get some of my files and I
need
them. I went to the documents and settings folder and tried to open
the user
accout and it said "Access Denied". I really need the files but
can’[t get to
them. If anyone can help twould be great

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-File-Access-ftopict545922.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1724774
2 answers Last reply
More about file access

    In news:3_1724774_42fb5b7fbf758160d6793e97db2a165d@windowsforumz.com,
    Nikolaiz <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> did some thinking and came up
    with these words:
    > I need help! I'm in a desperate situation. I had windows XP Installed
    > on my
    > system and was using it until it started being weird. I uninstalled it
    > and
    > put windows 2000 pro on it. But I forgot to get some of my files and I
    > need
    > them. I went to the documents and settings folder and tried to open
    > the user
    > accout and it said "Access Denied". I really need the files but
    > can'[t get to
    > them. If anyone can help twould be great

    Help & Support - enter Take ownership - you are saved

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    exactly, and do it in safe mode just to be sure

    Good luck

    "Ron Bogart" wrote:

    > In news:3_1724774_42fb5b7fbf758160d6793e97db2a165d@windowsforumz.com,
    > Nikolaiz <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> did some thinking and came up
    > with these words:
    > > I need help! I'm in a desperate situation. I had windows XP Installed
    > > on my
    > > system and was using it until it started being weird. I uninstalled it
    > > and
    > > put windows 2000 pro on it. But I forgot to get some of my files and I
    > > need
    > > them. I went to the documents and settings folder and tried to open
    > > the user
    > > accout and it said "Access Denied". I really need the files but
    > > can'[t get to
    > > them. If anyone can help twould be great
    >
    > Help & Support - enter Take ownership - you are saved
    >
    > --
    > Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    > Associate Expert
    > Lovin life on Mercer Island 8^)
    > "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
    > In memory of a true friend, MVP Alex Nichol (1935-2005)

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP