Memory Upgrade on gateway MT3423

I bought this little dude at a great price a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. One thing I noticed was that DDR2 modules are really cheap and I was thinking about putting 4 gigs in this computer because I plan to keep it a while. The problem is that when I decided to check to see if it could in fact handle 4 gigs, gateway's website says it will only go to 2 gigs. I was hoping someone knows otherwise. The chipset is an Nvidia Nforce 6100.

I really want to just pull the trigger and buy some more RAM but am unsure if I will be wasting my money or not.

Please help me if you know anything about this.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about memory upgrade gateway mt3423
  1. The maximum ram for your computer is 2GB.
  2. Wrong. I noticed somebody else one newegg had the same laptop and they said they upgraded theirs to 4 gig and it was fine. So I tried it too and am currently running 4 gigs in it.

Cheers
  3. kona said:
    Wrong. I noticed somebody else one newegg had the same laptop and they said they upgraded theirs to 4 gig and it was fine. So I tried it too and am currently running 4 gigs in it.

Cheers

I just finished adding 4Gb to mine and it is not happening. Only recognizes 2.60GB. Am I doing something wrong. Am running Vista Ultimate 32Bit. Any comments please post.
  4. Me again! The one with the 2.60gb problem. I checked the bios and recognizes the 4gb and also installed vista 64bit and it did recognized, but pulled it back to 32 bits. But it does detects 4GB of memory.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gateway Memory Upgrade Laptops