Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No Display on Compaq Presario c700 after changing LCD - Checked conn.

Last response: in Mobile Computing
January 16, 2010 5:42:27 PM

Hello,

I have an Compaq Presario c700 laptop that needed a new LCD since the old one was cracked. So I purchased a new LCD, looked at the repair manual here and changed it exactly as instructed.

So now when I turn on the laptop, I see the lights indicating that the laptop is on and that there is disk activity, etc. but there isn't any display. I do know that the display is connected because there is a slight change on the display from light black to dark black.

I have also opened the laptop and checked the connectors. Everything there is connected as it was to the old display.

Is there anything else that I need to do or check? Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Chris K.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 17, 2010 4:15:02 AM

You might try starting the laptop in Safe Mode (press F8 as Windows is about to start) in case the display settings were wildly wrong in Windows Normal Mode.

Have you checked the laptop via an external display ?
January 18, 2010 12:21:04 AM

I have tried hitting F8 to no avail. The BOIS setup screen doesn't even come up. Hooking the laptop up to an external display does work.

Is there anything else I can try to get the regular display working? I am thinking the new display is faulty but I wanted to see if anyone else here had this same issue.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,
Chris K.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 18, 2010 8:42:19 AM

If the external screen is okay and zero on the new screen, it's probably the connector or the screen.

You can check if it's backlight failure by shining a torch at the laptop screen (obviously with the computer running and preferably Windows visible on the external monitor -- though also check with external disconnected in case the laptop flips between the two)

Incidentally, though mostly this is just common sense advice, I have done a similar screen transplant -- though it was between two identical Dells
November 11, 2010 3:31:53 PM

i am having the same issue, i have purchased the lcd screen off ebay and when i received it i was still in the middle of buying other parts for it so i did not get a chance to turn it on to see if it worked right away, i am now getting around to replacing it and now I cannot get any sort of picture...... have you found the problem or did you just buy another screen?
August 21, 2011 4:36:14 AM

ckoeber said:
I have tried hitting F8 to no avail. The BOIS setup screen doesn't even come up. Hooking the laptop up to an external display does work.

Is there anything else I can try to get the regular display working? I am thinking the new display is faulty but I wanted to see if anyone else here had this same issue.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,
Chris K.

I'd like to know what was your final result as I am going to change my notebook screen soon. If you can share your experience with me. Many thanks, /jim
a b D Laptop
August 29, 2011 1:26:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!