METAL

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2004

A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
limited user
account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
on my computer
to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
can that
be achieved?

regards

<metal@despammed.com> wrote in message
>A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
> limited user
> account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
> on my computer
> to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
> can that
> be achieved?
>
> regards

He cannot download virii. There is no such word or thing.
The plural form of the word virus is viruses.

It's your language. Learn to use it properly.

Bobby

Not sure about limits on where one goes,maybe group policy,however to "limit"
the use,open my computer,R.click on C: drive,properties,open quota tab.From
thier,you can set quotas to any and all users.

"metal@despammed.com" wrote:

> A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
> limited user
> account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
> on my computer
> to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
> can that
> be achieved?
>
> regards

<metal@despammed.com> wrote in message
> A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
> limited user
> account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
> on my computer
> to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
> can that
> be achieved?

Google Net Nanny
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=net+nanny&spell=1

Not even close. This sets limits on disk space use, but does NOTHING
to set restrictions on Internet access.

NobodyMan wrote:

> Not even close.

He never is.

Steve

>This sets limits on disk space use, but does NOTHING
> to set restrictions on Internet access.
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:09:05 -0700, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Not sure about limits on where one goes,maybe group policy,however to "limit"
>>the use,open my computer,R.click on C: drive,properties,open quota tab.From
>>thier,you can set quotas to any and all users.
>>
>>"metal@despammed.com" wrote:
>>

>>>A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
>>>limited user
>>>account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
>>>on my computer
>>>to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
>>>can that
>>>be achieved?
>>>
>>>regards

How can that be achieved? Open your mouth and say something to him. If it
doesn't help, don't let him use your computer. Problem solved.

"Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes> wrote in message
> NobodyMan wrote:
>
>> Not even close.
>
> He never is.
>
> Steve
>
>>This sets limits on disk space use, but does NOTHING
>> to set restrictions on Internet access.
>>
>> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:09:05 -0700, Andrew E. <eckrichco@msn.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Not sure about limits on where one goes,maybe group policy,however to
>>>"limit"
>>>the use,open my computer,R.click on C: drive,properties,open quota
>>>tab.From
>>>thier,you can set quotas to any and all users.

We've done this several ways, and the supported methods from Microsoft are

-1. Create a local Policy where you can specify the exact domains IE has
access to. It requires you to create the settings for IE by using your
browser and then apply them to the POL, so it's clunky to support across more
than a couple of PCs, but it can lock down the browser quite a bit. This is
advanced stuff so use it at your peril.

-2. Set the "content advisor" on IE, and set the password. under
InternetTools, Options, Content, click on ENABLE and review the settings.
Also, by clicking on ADVANCED in that same dialog, you can set a password.
Don't lose it, 'cause you have to reinstall Windows if you do.

Life. Don''t talk to me about life.

"metal@despammed.com" wrote:

> A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
> limited user
> account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use of Internet
> on my computer
> to prevent him from visiting obnoxious websites and download virii. How
> can that
> be achieved?
>
> regards

TRENDING THREADS