Denying Internet Access

June 15, 2005 3:07:33 AM

A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
limited user account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use
of Internet on my computer to prevent him from visiting obnoxious
websites and download virii. How can that
be achieved?

regards
Metal
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:18:58 AM

Hi Metal - You might take a look at Content Advisor and see if it will meet
your needs:

Browse the Web with Content Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/securit...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/a...

Chapter 5 - Content Advisor

This chapter describes the Microsoft® Internet Explorer Content Advisor,
which allows you to rate the appropriateness of Web content and to control
which Web sites your users can visit. This feature can help you create a
more secure environment that protects your users from unsuitable content on
the Internet.

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
My, Blog Defending Your Machine, here: