  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 15, 2005 3:07:33 AM

A colleague uses my computer for some of his work. So I have created a
limited user account for him on my system. Now I want to limit his use
of Internet on my computer to prevent him from visiting obnoxious
websites and download virii. How can that
be achieved?

regards
Metal

More about : denying internet access

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:18:58 AM

Hi Metal - You might take a look at Content Advisor and see if it will meet
your needs:

Browse the Web with Content Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/securit...

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/ie/6/a...

Chapter 5 - Content Advisor

This chapter describes the Microsoft® Internet Explorer Content Advisor,
which allows you to rate the appropriateness of Web content and to control
which Web sites your users can visit. This feature can help you create a
more secure environment that protects your users from unsuitable content on
the Internet.

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
My, Blog Defending Your Machine, here: