Sign in with
Your question

best 19+" LCD monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 3, 2005 8:42:23 PM

which is best 19"+ monitor no more than $600. Looking for one that's good for:
-Photo editing/creation
-DVD
-some gaming, not much (but demanding games=FarCry, HL2, BF2, DOOM3)
-black/white/greys used effectively
-classy looking (silver and/or black)
-not known for dead pixels
-not real glossy (to where it's awful)

so far my list:
-Hyundai L90D+ (pixel problems/lines)
-Dell Ultrasharp 1905FP (heard bad for black/greys, but has High Ratings)
-Samsung 193P (expensive, stand issues, but very neat looking)

ps. i know the Viewsonic 191b/VP930 got great ratings, i just hate the look of em'.

any new suggestions/ additions to what I've come up with? thanks in advance, take care everyone. 8)

check out my other posts:
-http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Future-prepared-ftopict168755.html =(Future-prepared motherboard)
-http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/HT-Mid-tower-ftopict168752.html=(HTPC vs. Mid-tower case)

More about : lcd monitor

December 3, 2005 9:06:08 PM

No more than $600, not sure, but for less than $500 delivered, you could get the Dell 2005FPW!
December 3, 2005 11:33:31 PM

in terms of the 2005FPW, does it have better blacks on grays and the same, if not better reviews than that of the 1905FP? The 2005FPW is $503.20 from DELL.com Little expensive, but is it worth it? I heard games are an issue since they must the widescreen format, is that right? Anyone heard a lot of good things about it? Better than that of any LCD i mentioned earlier? -thanks again.
December 22, 2005 1:45:56 PM

Quote:
ps. i know the Viewsonic 191b/VP930 got great ratings, i just hate the look of em'.

To each his priorities I guess. I have the VP930b and think it looks fine. There may be cooler looking LCDs, but to me, what counts most is that it performs fantastically. Interesting that you'd prefer a worse monitor that looks cooler.

Albert
!