  • Windows XP
  • Shutdown
Last response: in Windows XP
June 15, 2005 11:27:23 AM

Some time ago, in a fit of paranoia after reading about it somewhere, I
instructed my XP Home system to delete the paging or swap file when
shutting down to reboot. This obviously slowed down the shutdown process.

I now wish to undo that instruction but can no longer recall what utility or
other tool I used to tell XP to delete this file on shutdown. Anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam

More about : paging file deletion shutdown

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:14:46 PM

Google is your friend.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=delete+the+pag...

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Jeff" <jeff@phony.com> wrote in message
> Some time ago, in a fit of paranoia after reading about it somewhere, I
> instructed my XP Home system to delete the paging or swap file when
> shutting down to reboot. This obviously slowed down the shutdown process.
>
> I now wish to undo that instruction but can no longer recall what utility
> or other tool I used to tell XP to delete this file on shutdown. Anyone
> have any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Jeff Stevens
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam
> jeff@stevens.com

June 16, 2005 9:46:43 AM

Thanks.