Running programs with admin rights

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi

Since our users need to be ordinary users (without admin or power users
privilege), we have an application that needs to be run with admin right. If
we use 'run-as' and then enter admin credentials application works.
But is it possible to generate a script with neceserry right (admin), so
that user will only need to run this script that will automatically run
applications with necesery rights?

Regards
Miha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

grap a copy of RUNAS.EXE from the administration kit...

"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Since our users need to be ordinary users (without admin or power users
> privilege), we have an application that needs to be run with admin right.
> If we use 'run-as' and then enter admin credentials application works.
> But is it possible to generate a script with neceserry right (admin), so
> that user will only need to run this script that will automatically run
> applications with necesery rights?
>
> Regards
> Miha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

One of the options CPAU tool...
http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm

--
Miha
Microsoft MVP - Windows Security

"Miha" <miha.bernik@isg.si> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Since our users need to be ordinary users (without admin or power users
> privilege), we have an application that needs to be run with admin right.
> If we use 'run-as' and then enter admin credentials application works.
> But is it possible to generate a script with neceserry right (admin), so
> that user will only need to run this script that will automatically run
> applications with necesery rights?
>
> Regards
> Miha

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks
Regards
Miha
"Miha Pihler [MVP]" <mihap-news@atlantis.si> je napisal v sporoèilo