adding REV# of IMAGE to Windows OS somewhere

have a need to put the REV # of the image that Im on inside the windows OS
somewhere. Dont care where as long as its accesable by my techs.

Were always doing updates to our image and need the rev # that the machine
has on its so we can trouble shoot what the difference is between the revs.

Ive seen on the desktop an inprint ghosted on the screen. anyone know how to
do that ?
any ideas would be great !!!!

thanks!

Just add an Environment Variable, such as SysImg and set it's
value to 1.00. Then you can use normal interrogation methods
to test it's value.

"jaredwetmore" <jaredwetmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have a need to put the REV # of the image that Im on inside the windows OS
> somewhere. Dont care where as long as its accesable by my techs.
>
> Were always doing updates to our image and need the rev # that the machine
> has on its so we can trouble shoot what the difference is between the
> revs.
>
> Ive seen on the desktop an inprint ghosted on the screen. anyone know how
> do that ?
> any ideas would be great !!!!
>
> thanks!

I've done it these ways: