Graphics card

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
I can not find my graphics card.. xfx 6770 inside windows 8 therefore I can not install any drivers for it, is there away to fix this problem?

Download the drivers for it directly from either XFX or AMD and install them. Also, why are you using Windows 8 when it's not even out yet? It might not be such a good idea to use an unfinished OS on your computer. You might need to force the drivers to run, such as using Windows 7 compatibility mode on the driver installation program's file properties.

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010
6770 is in a pci e slot on my Ga-z68XP-ud3 revision 1.

Now let me just say it is not located in windows 8, and I am connected currently to the on board video.. hdmi port on the motherboard. I bet when I try to use this to install it still will not work:

the amd windows driver for windows 8 64 bit I was asked to install. i'll try again.. but there is not even a catalyst untility that gets installed.. if I go to my graphics card and connect to the hdmi or dvi it is blank.. but the on board hdmi works..

I also wanted to try using lucid virtu logix.... What is the problem?

sindawi

Honorable
May 3, 2012
currently the AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers do not install correctly under windows 8. The best known workaround for a fully work driver suite is to install windows 7 install all your drivers then upgrade to 8. only then will everything function as it should.

kikiking

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2010

even when they have an amd/catalyst drivers for windows 8? my card was not showing up at all.. not working.. it was my mobo not diabling..... on-board video.