Microsfot MN-500 router - can't access Internet

Having Microsoft MN-500 cabled with my PC(Win95),
wirelessed with my first laptop (WinXP on Microsoft
Adapter Card), now tried million times to get a 2nd laptop
networked with a D-Link Adapter, BUT failed to connect
this one to Internet by all means. This 2nd laptop
(Toshiba/WinXP) shown on the task bar that there
is "excellent strength" of connection, but never had a
chance to get to the Internet. My cable ISP has confirmed
that my account is set to go internet, even by router that
connects to multiple users. They advised me to consult the
router supplier for resolution. Here I am, putting up this
question and hoping for a quick response to solve the
setting problems. Any good advice will be much much
appreciated...thanks.

Hi,

Do you have MAC Filtering enabled? If MAC Filtering is enabled and the MAC
address of your wireless card on your D-Link adapter isn't in the list then
you won't be able to connect and associate with the MN-500 Wireless Base
Station.

Another thing to try is if you have any WEP encryption enabled turn it off
and then try to see if you can connect with no WEP. If you are successful
connecting then enable WEP and adjust your settings on your computer
accordingly.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"HKTomato" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having Microsoft MN-500 cabled with my PC(Win95),
> wirelessed with my first laptop (WinXP on Microsoft
> Adapter Card), now tried million times to get a 2nd laptop
> networked with a D-Link Adapter, BUT failed to connect
> this one to Internet by all means. This 2nd laptop
> (Toshiba/WinXP) shown on the task bar that there
> is "excellent strength" of connection, but never had a
> chance to get to the Internet. My cable ISP has confirmed
> that my account is set to go internet, even by router that
> connects to multiple users. They advised me to consult the
> router supplier for resolution. Here I am, putting up this
> question and hoping for a quick response to solve the
> setting problems. Any good advice will be much much
> appreciated...thanks.

TRENDING THREADS