'Networking Services' in Windows Components!

June 15, 2005 11:45:01 AM

In Windows components, I see that Networking Serivices is somehow unchecked.
I try to add it but requires 'quotes' file on the Windows XP Pro cd. I put
the CD in but it still cant find the file. I am unable to add my notebook,
which the problem is in, to my home network. What is this "quotes" file?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:43:59 PM

"Networking Services" is an emulation of many popular Unix networking
utilities. The "quotes" file is for the Message Of The Day service, and you
have to create it yourself. You don't really need this group of services
for a normal machine...

"SRA136" <SRA136@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows components, I see that Networking Serivices is somehow
> unchecked.
> I try to add it but requires 'quotes' file on the Windows XP Pro cd. I
> put
> the CD in but it still cant find the file. I am unable to add my
> notebook,
> which the problem is in, to my home network. What is this "quotes" file?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:34:06 PM

I am unable to connect to remote desktop and configure my laptop to home
network. What is the solution? I thought it was networking services being
uninstalled that cause this.

!