  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 15, 2005 11:55:08 AM

I recently tried to install the windows fax utility. When asked for the
installation cd
i inserted the disk and attempted to install a message came on screen saying
windows was deleting files then disappeared when I went to try start the fax
utility I was unable to get it I find also that my card games ie spider
solitaire and freesol
are missing I tried system restore and I am now unable to restore to an
earlier time.Can anybody help Please?

More about : loss microsoft games

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:42:18 PM

Use Add/Remove programs to reinstall the games....

"Pete.G." <Pete.G.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently tried to install the windows fax utility. When asked for the
> installation cd
> i inserted the disk and attempted to install a message came on screen
> saying
> windows was deleting files then disappeared when I went to try start the
> fax
> utility I was unable to get it I find also that my card games ie spider
> solitaire and freesol
> are missing I tried system restore and I am now unable to restore to an
> earlier time.Can anybody help Please?
June 15, 2005 3:48:17 PM

In news:5D767459-0408-41D9-887E-E90B2739A5E9@microsoft.com,
Pete.G. <Pete.G.@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I recently tried to install the windows fax utility. When asked for
> the installation cd
> i inserted the disk and attempted to install a message came on screen
> saying windows was deleting files then disappeared when I went to try
> start the fax utility I was unable to get it I find also that my card
> games ie spider solitaire and freesol
> are missing I tried system restore and I am now unable to restore to
> an earlier time.Can anybody help Please?

Add/remove windows components from the add/remove programs icon in the
control panel. Select the games (you can even customize it to only install
certain games if you want) with the tick box and click okay a couple of
times.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 3:48:18 PM

Sorry Galen tried that, but just got a message saying files were missing.
Problem is I cant find the right ones.Thanks for taking the time to reply
though.Pete.G.

!