Windows Updates

Hi Could someone tell me what folder Windows Updates downloads to before installation?
I have chosen from Automatic Updates to 'Notify me but don't automatically download or install them'. I would like to check what KB's or whatever is asking to be installed Thanks. deango

into a wu folder on c:/

"deango" <Deango@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
Hi Could someone tell me what folder Windows Updates downloads to before
installation?
I have chosen from Automatic Updates to 'Notify me but don't automatically
download or install them'. I would like to check what KB's or whatever is
asking to be installed Thanks. deango

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uu0Gy7bcFHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
deango <Deango@nospamtoday.com> had this to say:

> Hi Could someone tell me what folder Windows Updates downloads to
> before installation?
> I have chosen from Automatic Updates to 'Notify me but don't
> automatically download or install them'. I would like to check what
> KB's or whatever is asking to be installed Thanks. deango

It will put a yellow icon in the notification area of the taskbar. You click
on it to open it and each one (when highlighted) will have a link in it
describing it. It doesn't download them until you say to with the way your
options have been set. You can click the links to for more information about
the updates. You can select which ones you will download and install. The
rest takes place pretty much automatically though after it's done it will
ask you if you want to reboot. If you tell it no it will ask you again in a
while. If you tell it no it will keep asking you until you do so. ;)

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

"deango" <Deango@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
Hi Could someone tell me what folder Windows Updates downloads to before
installation?
I have chosen from Automatic Updates to 'Notify me but don't automatically
download or install them'. I would like to check what KB's or whatever is
asking to be installed Thanks. deango

If it bothers you then don't do it automatically. You can see, and will know
what you install.