Offine File Synchronize is syncing privious users folders

a b D Laptop
June 15, 2005 1:39:03 PM

I have a laptop that has been used by a couple different users. Offline
Synchronization has been used by both. I have logged in as these users and
told the system not to use Offline Sync any more. I have deleted all the
Offline Files from the offline files folder. I have delted the users
profiles.

Now I login as a new user, tell it to use Offline Files, and it continues to
sync up the files from all three users. The files are located on two
different servers and I cannot figure out a way to stop this. I am ready to
just rebuild this laptop from scratch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
~Greg
--
;>)
Anonymous

I'm a bit confused here. You say you have deleted the offline folders that
were being used and synchronizing? So if they no longer exists where are
these folders being synch to? Were are talking .ost's and not .pst's here
aren't we? Have you deleted the mail accounts? Control Panel/Mail.

"GigZirb" <GigZirb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop that has been used by a couple different users. Offline
> Synchronization has been used by both. I have logged in as these users
> and
> told the system not to use Offline Sync any more. I have deleted all the
> Offline Files from the offline files folder. I have delted the users
> profiles.
>
> Now I login as a new user, tell it to use Offline Files, and it continues
> sync up the files from all three users. The files are located on two
> different servers and I cannot figure out a way to stop this. I am ready
> just rebuild this laptop from scratch.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Greg
> --
> ;>)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 15, 2005 2:19:04 PM

Sorry Allen, This is Offine File Synchronization, not Outlook Offline
Synchronization.

"AllenM" wrote:

> I'm a bit confused here. You say you have deleted the offline folders that
> were being used and synchronizing? So if they no longer exists where are
> these folders being synch to? Were are talking .ost's and not .pst's here
> aren't we? Have you deleted the mail accounts? Control Panel/Mail.
>
> "GigZirb" <GigZirb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a laptop that has been used by a couple different users. Offline
> > Synchronization has been used by both. I have logged in as these users
> > and
> > told the system not to use Offline Sync any more. I have deleted all the
> > Offline Files from the offline files folder. I have delted the users
> > profiles.
> >
> > Now I login as a new user, tell it to use Offline Files, and it continues
> > sync up the files from all three users. The files are located on two
> > different servers and I cannot figure out a way to stop this. I am ready
> > just rebuild this laptop from scratch.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ~Greg
> > --
> > ;>)

June 15, 2005 9:27:54 PM

try going into My Network Neighborhood and deleteing any shortcuts to
remote folders at the top level.

Also, check in \Shared Documents, make sure there are no shortcuts there
to remote folders.

--

A sure fire way to turn off Offline Files all together on the system is
to enable Fast User Switching, then reboot. Then you can turn it off