Click and drag querk

Suddenly, out of the blue, whenever I click & drag an icon from one
folder to another, it brings up 'windows installer' which tries to
install a piece of un-related software. I have to click 'cancel'
twice before it will quit that little exercise - then it moves the
icon.

What is going on?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about click drag querk

    geezer wrote:

    > Suddenly, out of the blue, whenever I click & drag an icon from one
    > folder to another, it brings up 'windows installer' which tries to
    > install a piece of un-related software. I have to click 'cancel'
    > twice before it will quit that little exercise - then it moves the
    > icon.
    >
    > What is going on?
    >
    > Thanks

    What is the software that's trying to install?

    Steve

Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP