Sign in with
Your question

Using wi-fi for dial up

Last response: in Brands
March 16, 2011 12:38:41 PM

Hello All,

I want to use 3.5 G connection of my phone but dial the *99# through wi-fi.
This is because bluetooth may not be able to support the 3.5 G speeds..

So basically it would be

laptop>>>dial-up>>>>phone>>>>>3.5 n/w >>>>>>ISP

in other words i simply want to use the wi-fi adaptor than bluetooth adaptor....

the phone i intend to use is Nokia E5.

Plz help.

More about : dial

Anonymous
March 16, 2011 3:47:02 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Networking to section Brands by Grumpy9117
m
l
March 23, 2011 3:36:12 PM

vrlx3 said:
Hello All,

I want to use 3.5 G connection of my phone but dial the *99# through wi-fi.
This is because bluetooth may not be able to support the 3.5 G speeds..

So basically it would be

laptop>>>dial-up>>>>phone>>>>>3.5 n/w >>>>>>ISP

in other words i simply want to use the wi-fi adaptor than bluetooth adaptor....

the phone i intend to use is Nokia E5.

Plz help.

i found a software joikusoft., which can do the following., i havent tested it yet., but am optimistic will work.,
m
l
July 28, 2011 10:39:17 AM

You may not get the sppeds through dial-up though. But you might be able to use your phone with it to connect your phone wirelessly. But why not just use your laptop?

If your laptop is wanting to dail-up your phone to connect to the wi-fi network without needing to use bluetooth, but to use wi-fi from the phone and connect the phone to your laptop with dial-up. Then phone be connected with dial-up with your laptop??

This is probably only an interest of some sorts.

Unless you can talk with your laptop to say. And call it as well. Of it you will probably lose part of network service in which it is you may use, for what you are interested in. I don't know for sure.

But wirelessly dial-up to say, may only have some sets to say of use. But i dont know, have to probably use some of your system configs to be able to do so.
m
l
!