MiniChallenge 6 results

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

; ***************************************
* MiniChallenge 6. The smart redcoder *
***************************************

The detailed battle results and source codes will be available
soon at:

http://www.estadium.ya.com/neogryzor/corewars.htm

Unfortunately, Zul Nadzri entry didn't meet the rules. After
consulting him, it was no possible for him to reduce the size of
his entry, so it don't take part in the official competition.
Sorry about that.

Anyway, it has been tested against every other entry and
results appear in the "what if" section, showing how would be
the results not attending MAXLENGTH limit.

***********
* Results *
***********

Nine warriors written by five authors took a part in this round.

(_v_)
_|_
| |
|-----+-----| ___________
.-=========-. | {{1}} | '._==_==_=_.'
\'-=======-'/ | \=/ | .-\: /-.
_| .=. |_ '---------' | (|:.{3} |) |
((| {{2}} |)) \ / '-|:. |-'
\| /|\ |/ '. .' \::. /
\__ '`' __/ | | '::. .'
_`) (`_ .' '. ) (
_/_______\_ _|___|_ _.' '._
/___________\ [_______] [_______]

2nd place Winner 3rd place

******************* ******************** ****************
* Germán Labarga * * Lukasz Adamowski * * John Morahan *
******************* ******************** ****************

And Lukasz Adamowski won the round with a gap of 2.29 pts to Germán
Labarga, followed by John Morahan.

# warrior's name author's name score [pts] score [%]
1 PointA Rewritten Lukasz Adamowski 62679 100.00
2 Mem^3 Germán Labarga 61264 97.74
3 Not so smart John Morahan 49935 79.67
4 Random switcher David Houston 49117 78.36
5 3p-TAB3-A Christian Schmidt 48824 77.89
6 A little smarter John Morahan 48236 76.96
7 Universal Switch-Board Lukasz Adamowski 47437 75.68
8 Mutable German Labarga 34172 54.52

Congratulations to Lukasz Adamowski and everyone who has taken
part and thaks for the effort.

Now Lukasz, you can choose any of my past or present warriors as a price.
Well, i don't have very succesful ones but maybe you can find something
interesting. Take a look. :)

***********
* What if *
***********

These would be the results not attending the MAXLENGTH limit:

# warrior's name author's name score [pts] score [%]
1 Mem^3 Germán Labarga 70762 100.00
2 PointA Rewritten Lukasz Adamowski 70433 99.53
3 A little smarter John Morahan 57586 81.38
4 3p-TAB3-A Christian Schmidt 57010 80.57
5 Not so smart John Morahan 56715 80.15
6 Random switcher David Houston 56116 79.30
7 Universal Switch-Board Lukasz Adamowski 53984 76.23
8 Nano Zul Nadzri 46844 66.20
9 Mutable German Labarga 41143 58.14

Aaaah, i would win!
Looking at the scores the fight would be harder, making the gaps between
warriors much shorter.
Morahan's third place would be taken by his second entry instead of
his first.
Also Schmidt would climb to 4th place and Houston fall to 6th.

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Aaah, idiot me!
I ran the round too soon without reciving all the entries.
And the sources has been published, arg!

I'll run it again including the last ones, but you know, we cannot
break Lukasz victory, so the he and the winner in this second round
will be co-winers, agree?
Any ideas?

Apologies
G.Labarga

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

*******************************
* MiniChallenge 6. Second run *
*******************************

The detailed battle results and source available at:

http://www.estadium.ya.com/neogryzor/corewars.htm

After reciving a few new entries, these are the results of the second run.

***********
* Results *
***********

In this second run, eleven warriors written by six authors take
part the round.

(_v_)
_|_
| |
|-----+-----| ___________
.-=========-. | {{1}} | '._==_==_=_.'
\'-=======-'/ | \=/ | .-\: /-.
_| .=. |_ '---------' | (|:.{3} |) |
((| {{2}} |)) \ / '-|:. |-'
\| /|\ |/ '. .' \::. /
\__ '`' __/ | | '::. .'
_`) (`_ .' '. ) (
_/_______\_ _|___|_ _.' '._
/___________\ [_______] [_______]

2nd place Winner 3rd place

******************* ******************** ****************
* Germán Labarga * * Lukasz Adamowski * * John Morahan *
******************* ******************** ****************

And Lukasz Adamowski won the round with a gap of 1.67 pts to Germán
Labarga, followed by John Morahan.

# warrior's name author's name score [pts] score [%]
1 PointA Rewritten Lukasz Adamowski 88357 100.00
2 Mem^3 Germán Labarga 86884 98.33
3 A little smarter John Morahan 71256 80.64
4 Dumb25 Zul Nadzri 71139 80.51
5 Not so smart John Morahan 70503 79.79
6 Random switcher David Houston 70030 79.26
7 Nax Zul Nadzri 66849 75.66
8 3p-TAB3-A Christian Schmidt 66785 75.41
9 pIdee Christian Schmidt 66630 75.58
10 Universal Switch-Board Lukasz Adamowski 64210 72.67
11 Mutable German Labarga 48632 55.04

Congratulations to Lukasz Adamowski again!
Higest spots hasn't changed, and the best three are just the same authors.
Nazri takes fourth spot, Houston falls to 6th and Schmidt takes 8th and
9th locations.
As espected, scores are a little closer each other.

Surprisingly no one has used pin number for handshaking.

I hope to see any article in the newsgroup about the strategies and
conclussions, that would be very interesting.
Also comments about strategies will be included in the homepage.

Thanks to all authors for your participation.