serial and model numbers

June 15, 2005 3:20:01 PM

I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model of serial numbers but
is there a place in the computer that gives you that information?

More about : serial model numbers

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:14:25 PM

The Belarc Advisor can pull up that info and a lot more.

[[The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software
and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your
Web browser.]]

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (version 7.0m)

So can aida32.

Aida32 ver. 3.93
http://www.aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#everest

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com,
Becky <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model of serial numbers
> but is there a place in the computer that gives you that information?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 6:44:48 PM

In the case of IBM machines, this info appears in BIOS.. no idea about other
makes..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
>I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model of serial numbers
>but
> is there a place in the computer that gives you that information?
June 15, 2005 6:44:49 PM

Perhaps either or both, the Bel Arc Advisor or EVEREST are
what the OP is looking for.
BelArc shows this for my computer...
Board: Intel Corporation D845GBV AAA84538-205
Serial Number: ABBV22610443
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0033.P17.0307141128
There is more info, including software PK and install
numbers.

On my son's computer it shows the Dell Service Tag

Bel Arc free at www.belarc.com
EVEREST free at www.lavalys.com

some support

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
message news:o sDohpdcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| In the case of IBM machines, this info appears in BIOS..
no idea about other
| makes..
|
| --
| Mike Hall
| MVP - Windows Shell/User
|
| "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich
would have kept
| it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
|

| "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
| >I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model
of serial numbers
| >but
| > is there a place in the computer that gives you that
information?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:18:58 PM

Jim

Both of those programs show make and model of internal parts.. I am not
overly convinced that a system manufacturer would necessarily use mb
manufacturer info to designate their systems..

--

> Perhaps either or both, the Bel Arc Advisor or EVEREST are
> what the OP is looking for.
> BelArc shows this for my computer...
> Board: Intel Corporation D845GBV AAA84538-205
> Serial Number: ABBV22610443
> Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
> BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0033.P17.0307141128
> There is more info, including software PK and install
> numbers.
>
> On my son's computer it shows the Dell Service Tag
>
> Bel Arc free at www.belarc.com
> EVEREST free at www.lavalys.com

> some support
> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
> message news:o sDohpdcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> | In the case of IBM machines, this info appears in BIOS..
> no idea about other
> | makes..
> |
> | --
> | Mike Hall
> | MVP - Windows Shell/User
> |
> | "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich
> would have kept
> | it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
> |

> | "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
> | >I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model
> of serial numbers
> | >but
> | > is there a place in the computer that gives you that
> information?

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:18:59 PM

Mike,

Belarc Advisor shows:

System Model
Gateway G6-450
System Serial Number: 00xx555910
Chassis Serial Number: 00xx555910
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

AIDA32 shows:

Chassis Properties
Manufacturer Gateway
Serial Number 00xx555910
Chassis Type Mini Tower

System Properties
Manufacturer Gateway
Product G6-450
Serial Number 00xx555910
Universal Unique ID xx920BE1-DB1DB2xx-xx00D4AB-9DxxFA9C

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o Q4Kr$ecFHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
> Jim
>
> Both of those programs show make and model of internal parts.. I am not
> overly convinced that a system manufacturer would necessarily use mb
> manufacturer info to designate their systems..
>

> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept
> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
>> Perhaps either or both, the Bel Arc Advisor or EVEREST are
>> what the OP is looking for.
>> BelArc shows this for my computer...
>> Board: Intel Corporation D845GBV AAA84538-205
>> Serial Number: ABBV22610443
>> Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
>> BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0033.P17.0307141128
>> There is more info, including software PK and install
>> numbers.
>>
>> On my son's computer it shows the Dell Service Tag
>>
>> Bel Arc free at www.belarc.com
>> EVEREST free at www.lavalys.com
>>

>> --
>> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>> some support
>> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>>

>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
>> message news:o sDohpdcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> In the case of IBM machines, this info appears in BIOS..
>> no idea about other
>>> makes..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich
>> would have kept
>>> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>>

>>> "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
>> of serial numbers
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:10:18 AM

"Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
>I know the sticker on the back of your PC has the model of serial numbers
>but
> is there a place in the computer that gives you that information?

Do you mean the sticker with the XP serial on? It comes with the install CD
and you stick it where you want to. Some manufacturers may stick it in a
particular place- ask your computer maker if they do so, and where.
Otherwise it would probably be with the documents you got with the machine.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:21:37 AM

Wes, and Jim if you are looking in

That's good to know.. I run clones (no makes), and worked mainly with IBM
computers.. their serials show in the IBM BIOS..

I have never run Belarc or Everest on anything that wasn't a clone in order
to look for serials.. I was always looking for other stuff.. now I have
another piece of info to paste into OneNote..

Thanks Guys..

--

> Mike,
>
> Belarc Advisor shows:
>
> System Model
> Gateway G6-450
> System Serial Number: 00xx555910
> Chassis Serial Number: 00xx555910
> Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
>
> AIDA32 shows:
>
> Chassis Properties
> Manufacturer Gateway
> Serial Number 00xx555910
> Chassis Type Mini Tower
>
> System Properties
> Manufacturer Gateway
> Product G6-450
> Serial Number 00xx555910
> Universal Unique ID xx920BE1-DB1DB2xx-xx00D4AB-9DxxFA9C
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o Q4Kr$ecFHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
>> Jim
>>
>> Both of those programs show make and model of internal parts.. I am not
>> overly convinced that a system manufacturer would necessarily use mb
>> manufacturer info to designate their systems..
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>> kept
>> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>

>> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
>>> Perhaps either or both, the Bel Arc Advisor or EVEREST are
>>> what the OP is looking for.
>>> BelArc shows this for my computer...
>>> Board: Intel Corporation D845GBV AAA84538-205
>>> Serial Number: ABBV22610443
>>> Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
>>> BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0033.P17.0307141128
>>> There is more info, including software PK and install
>>> numbers.
>>>
>>> On my son's computer it shows the Dell Service Tag
>>>
>>> Bel Arc free at www.belarc.com
>>> EVEREST free at www.lavalys.com
>>>

>>> --
>>> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>>> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>>> some support
>>> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>>>

>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
>>> message news:o sDohpdcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> no idea about other

>>> would have kept

>>> of serial numbers

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:21:38 AM

You're welcome.

message news:%23Nvb$GhcFHA.3204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

wrote in message

rights;

wrote in
BIOS..

message

news:D 0649B05-EEA8-44C0-B14B-157E9445D846@microsoft.com...
model

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 1:23:23 AM

One more thing..

The two have you have saved me scrabbling around the back of machines
looking for model and serial numbers.. I owe you both a beer for sure..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

> Mike,
>
> Belarc Advisor shows:
>
> System Model
> Gateway G6-450
> System Serial Number: 00xx555910
> Chassis Serial Number: 00xx555910
> Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
>
> AIDA32 shows:
>
> Chassis Properties
> Manufacturer Gateway
> Serial Number 00xx555910
> Chassis Type Mini Tower
>
> System Properties
> Manufacturer Gateway
> Product G6-450
> Serial Number 00xx555910
> Universal Unique ID xx920BE1-DB1DB2xx-xx00D4AB-9DxxFA9C
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o Q4Kr$ecFHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
>> Jim
>>
>> Both of those programs show make and model of internal parts.. I am not
>> overly convinced that a system manufacturer would necessarily use mb
>> manufacturer info to designate their systems..
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have
>> kept
>> it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland
>>

>> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
>>> Perhaps either or both, the Bel Arc Advisor or EVEREST are
>>> what the OP is looking for.
>>> BelArc shows this for my computer...
>>> Board: Intel Corporation D845GBV AAA84538-205
>>> Serial Number: ABBV22610443
>>> Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
>>> BIOS: Intel Corp. RG84510A.86A.0033.P17.0307141128
>>> There is more info, including software PK and install
>>> numbers.
>>>
>>> On my son's computer it shows the Dell Service Tag
>>>
>>> Bel Arc free at www.belarc.com
>>> EVEREST free at www.lavalys.com
>>>

>>> --
>>> The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
>>> But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
>>> some support
>>> http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
>>>

>>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in
>>> message news:o sDohpdcFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> no idea about other

>>> would have kept

>>> of serial numbers

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 11:53:47 AM

My serial number is on the side of the case, but I need a magnifying glass
to read it.

Clicking the mouse a couple of times beats getting up to look for the
magnifying glass *and* bending over. :-D

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User