Flash Drive

dju4beum

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2002
Hey guys, im looking to get a 256 mb flash drive. Do you have any suggestions on which brands are good? Im looking for something this that is PC/MAC compatible, and quick. Thanx

jmarble

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2003
I have a 256MB Lexar JumpDrive Pro and a 128MB Cruzer Mini USB Flash Drive. Both work well and are USB 2.0, but the Lexar definitely has a faster transfer rate than the Sandisk. I have been trying to find a web site with some comparison tests but haven't found any. Have you?

iris5u

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004
I have the Lexar Jump drive too. It came with my Canon Digital Rebel. I've not tried it because I also have an Imation FlashGo! USB Flash drive that I use constantly to take files back & forth from home to work & to transfer large image files from the Canon's 1Gb CF card to my PCs. I like the Imation because it came with several adaptor sleeves to fit all those CF card form-factors out there. It's also doesnt have the "Dongle" cable the Lexar has, so is a lot smaller & easier to carry around, & less likely to get damaged than a cable&connector assembly is.

<A HREF="mailto:iris5u@attglobal.net">iris5u@attglobal.net</A>