i was just visiting a web site and it said this information will be added to
your clipboard, where the hell is my clipboard ?

In news:AC8E4389-8EAD-41C6-B165-32B1B7EF02DD@microsoft.com,
rich9791 <gingerjohn@blueyonder.co.uk> typed:

> i was just visiting a web site and it said this information
> will be
> added to your clipboard, where the hell is my clipboard ?

Your clipboard is in memory. It's where things go when you do a
cut or copy.

You retrieve the data in the clipboard by pasting it into an
application.

If you want to just see what's in the clipboard, and not
necessarily paste it, you can run the clipboard viewer,
clipbrd.exe.

Please reply to the newsgroup

rich9791 wrote:
> i was just visiting a web site and it said this information
> will be added to your clipboard, where the hell is my
> clipboard ?

Start -> Run -> clipbrd.exe.
You'll also find a shortcut in Start -> All Programs -
Accessories.

Nepatsfan

i can find it by/ start/ run/ clpbrd , but it is not in the accessories , so
how can i make a shortcut for it ?

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> rich9791 wrote:
> > i was just visiting a web site and it said this information
> > will be added to your clipboard, where the hell is my
> > clipboard ?
>
> Start -> Run -> clipbrd.exe.
> You'll also find a shortcut in Start -> All Programs -
> Accessories.
>
> Nepatsfan

It's in C:\Windows\System32.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"rich9791" wrote:

> i can find it by/ start/ run/ clpbrd , but it is not in the accessories , so
> how can i make a shortcut for it ?
>

> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
> > rich9791 wrote:
> > > i was just visiting a web site and it said this information
> > > will be added to your clipboard, where the hell is my
> > > clipboard ?
> >
> > Start -> Run -> clipbrd.exe.
> > You'll also find a shortcut in Start -> All Programs -
> > Accessories.
> >
> > Nepatsfan

Paste this in the Start | Run box...

%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

Click OK.

Right click an empty space in the right hand pane.
Point to New and Click on Shorcut.
Paste this in the Location box:

%systemroot%\system32\clipbrd.exe

Click Next.

Name it Clipboard.

Click Finish.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:7FBA1C13-F89C-4953-BFAB-4843129954A9@microsoft.com,
rich9791 <gingerjohn@blueyonder.co.uk> hunted and pecked:

"rich9791" <gingerjohn@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>i was just visiting a web site and it said this information will be added to
>your clipboard, where the hell is my clipboard ?

You get stuff out of the clipboard by pasting it into some
application.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

thanks ken ,but i still dont know what purpous the clipboard serves

In news:F429BE0A-1756-4754-A11E-C5D237F18CB3@microsoft.com,
rich9791 <gingerjohn@blueyonder.co.uk> typed:

> thanks ken ,but i still dont know what purpous the clipboard
> serves

It's basically the holding area for items you cut and paste. When
you cut something (or copy it), it has to be saved someplace so
you can later paste it where you want it. That "somewhere" is
the clipboard.

Please reply to the newsgroup

> "Ken Blake" wrote:
>
>> In news:AC8E4389-8EAD-41C6-B165-32B1B7EF02DD@microsoft.com,
>> rich9791 <gingerjohn@blueyonder.co.uk> typed:
>>
>>> i was just visiting a web site and it said this information
>>> will be
>>> added to your clipboard, where the hell is my clipboard ?
>>

>> Your clipboard is in memory. It's where things go when you do
>> cut or copy.
>>
>> You retrieve the data in the clipboard by pasting it into an
>> application.
>>
>> If you want to just see what's in the clipboard, and not
>> necessarily paste it, you can run the clipboard viewer,
>> clipbrd.exe.
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

Start | Run | notepad | OK | Edit | Paste

--
George Hester